Here is some low hanging fruit

SeanTAllen

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

bobcalco
OK, this is basically a request for someone to implement Exception and enough of its descendants (e.g., Error, SelectorException, and SubclassResponsibility)... such that Object (Lee B's baby) can call it, a la Pharo:

Object>>subclassResponsibility
   SubclassResponsibility signalFor: thisContext sender selector

Right?

If so, I'll tackle it.

I'm also keen to work on the collections classes and protocols, including various Streams-related classes.

But this seems very useful for starters.

- Bob

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
If anyone wants to have at it:

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

bobcalco
OK, I added Exception and related children to the OBJECTS-AND-PROTOCOLS doc based on the Pharo 1.3 list of 'Kernel-Exceptions', and cherry picked Exception, Error, SelectorException, and SubclassResponsibility for adoption (will adopt others as necessary). I've committed this change to my fork of redline-smalltalk at github, and issued a pull request.

I feel like a real member of the project now. :)

- Bob

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Robert Calco <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, this is basically a request for someone to implement Exception and enough of its descendants (e.g., Error, SelectorException, and SubclassResponsibility)... such that Object (Lee B's baby) can call it, a la Pharo:

Object>>subclassResponsibility
   SubclassResponsibility signalFor: thisContext sender selector

Right?

If so, I'll tackle it.

I'm also keen to work on the collections classes and protocols, including various Streams-related classes.

But this seems very useful for starters.

- Bob

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
If anyone wants to have at it:

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

SeanTAllen
Merged.

We can work out the details of if we want all or not later.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Merged.

We can work out the details of if we want all or not later.

Yea, I just blindly copied the list as I saw it in Kernel-Exceptions. I'm interested mainly in the hierarchy from SubclassResponsibility upward, by way of plucking issue #67 from the issue tree.

- Bob

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

Lee Breisacher-2
Re Streams:  I'm actually dipping in to them a bit (sorry for the pun) in order to try to implement Object>printString.

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

Lee Breisacher-2
...and I don't think I should take ownership of the Stream classes I'm editing. I think we should be allowed to edit classes outside those we "own", right? The owner can be responsible for merging any conflicts, right?

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Lee Breisacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
...and I don't think I should take ownership of the Stream classes I'm editing. I think we should be allowed to edit classes outside those we "own", right? The owner can be responsible for merging any conflicts, right?

Quite reasonable.

Re: Here is some low hanging fruit

James Ladd
Brilliant effort bob!