Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
I was working with changesets (manipulating them),
then unexpectably, i got an error, and image hangs and starts
consuming 100% CPU.
I attempted to interrupt it - it shows a debugger, but still unresponsible..

This is a tail of PharoDebug.log:

THERE_BE_DRAGONS_HERE
Error: There is no free space in this set!
19 March 2010 10:37:13 am

VM: Win32 - IX86 - NT - Squeak3.10.2 of '5 June 2008' [latest update: #7179]
Image: PharoCore1.1ALPHA [Latest update: #11112]

WeakIdentityKeyDictionary(Object)>>error:
        Receiver: a WeakIdentityKeyDictionary(a ChangeList->an
IdentityDictionary(#getCompletionController->...etc...
        Arguments and temporary variables:

Before that , i were able to fileout the changeset (see attached file)
but then, when i tried to file it in from a file browser i got
MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "methodsFor:stamp:" is nil

and again, unable to continue working and had to close image, because
it unresponsive.

What is interesting , that if i clicking 'changes' in a file browser,
and then select everything and file it in, no errors happen
and everything works just fine.
But if i doing 'install' without looking at changeset details, i got
the above error.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Set-elements-phase1.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
Hmm.. i found that even if i don't do anything and just press Alt-.  (interrupt)
image stops handling events. :(((

So it looks like VM<->Image issue on win32.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
I tried different VM
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26654/PharoVM-Win32-3.11.8.zip

no changes...

Any ideas why interrupt key makes image unresponsive?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Mar 19, 2010, at 10:07 20AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> I tried different VM
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26654/PharoVM-Win32-3.11.8.zip
>
> no changes...
>

> Any ideas why interrupt key makes image unresponsive?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Update your image.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
On 19 March 2010 11:48, Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 10:07 20AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> I tried different VM
>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26654/PharoVM-Win32-3.11.8.zip

after 40 minutes of updating , i got an error, and
still were unable to do anything , because image can't react on any events :(

>> no changes...
>>

>> Any ideas why interrupt key makes image unresponsive?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

> Update your image.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
THERE_BE_DRAGONS_HERE
MessageNotUnderstood: AnObsoletePreferences class>>preferenceAt:ifAbsent:
19 March 2010 1:23:52 pm

VM: Win32 - IX86 - NT - Squeak3.10.2 of 11 February 2010 [latest update: #9314]
Image: PharoCore1.1ALPHA [Latest update: #11146]

AnObsoletePreferences class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #preferenceAt:ifAbsent:
        Receiver: AnObsoletePreferences

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
my mistake, that i'm using old image...

its a bit confusing that pharo-dev images downloads listed first
and they are pretty outdated.

I just loaded PhaoCore1.1.-11268
will try there.
At least , pressing Alt-. no longer hangs an image
--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Gary Chambers-4
Try "Object reInitializeDependentsFields" first... it may help.

Regards, Gary

On 19 March 2010 11:48, Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 10:07 20AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> I tried different VM
>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26654/PharoVM-Win32-3.11.8.zip

after 40 minutes of updating , i got an error, and
still were unable to do anything , because image can't react on any events :(

>> no changes...
>>

>> Any ideas why interrupt key makes image unresponsive?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

> Update your image.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:42 24PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> my mistake, that i'm using old image...
>
> its a bit confusing that pharo-dev images downloads listed first
> and they are pretty outdated.
>
> I just loaded PhaoCore1.1.-11268
> will try there.
> At least , pressing Alt-. no longer hangs an image
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Agreed, 1.1Core downloads are waaaaay down there :(

As for why the interrupt makes image unresponsive, iirc, there was something in the debugger which needed reinitialization after the new WeakSet was imported.
Can't remember what off the tip of my head though...

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
Okay!

I updated to the latest Pharo-Core!
Image not hangs anymore.

Pressing 'install'  of changeset still having same problem in file
browser as before.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
So far so good..
found DNU:
Utilities noteMethodSubmission: #Comment forClass: cls

while filing in the .st code

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Yes I know.
May be we should hide the other. I know that INRIA will restart the forge from scratch.
Stef

On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:56 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:42 24PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> my mistake, that i'm using old image...
>>
>> its a bit confusing that pharo-dev images downloads listed first
>> and they are pretty outdated.
>>
>> I just loaded PhaoCore1.1.-11268
>> will try there.
>> At least , pressing Alt-. no longer hangs an image
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.
>
> Agreed, 1.1Core downloads are waaaaay down there :(
>
> As for why the interrupt makes image unresponsive, iirc, there was something in the debugger which needed reinitialization after the new WeakSet was imported.
> Can't remember what off the tip of my head though...
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Re: Here's my problems...

Good can you open a ticket.... (running to catch the kids).

Stef

On Mar 19, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> So far so good..
> found DNU:
> Utilities noteMethodSubmission: #Comment forClass: cls
>
> while filing in the .st code
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Here's my problems...

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 19, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> So far so good..
> found DNU:
> Utilities noteMethodSubmission: #Comment forClass: cls
>
> while filing in the .st code

Hmm... the class SetElement does not exisit and is not defined in the changeset?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
On 23 March 2010 12:09, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> So far so good..
>> found DNU:
>> Utilities noteMethodSubmission: #Comment forClass: cls
>>
>> while filing in the .st code
>>

> Hmm... the class SetElement does not exisit and is not defined in the changeset?

No, it is different story. I filed out a full class into .st file ,
and then used it to file-in into image.

On Mar 23, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 23 March 2010 12:09, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>>> So far so good..
>>> found DNU:
>>> Utilities noteMethodSubmission: #Comment forClass: cls
>>>
>>> while filing in the .st code
>>>

>> Hmm... the class SetElement does not exisit and is not defined in the changeset?
>>
> No, it is different story. I filed out a full class into .st file ,
> and then used it to file-in into image.

I think it was a regression when merging some code... the method should not be called on Utitlities

Can you try the attached fix?

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

FixStLoading.1.cs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Here's my problems...

Igor Stasenko
2010/3/23 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:

> On Mar 23, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>>> Hmm... the class SetElement does not exisit and is not defined in the changeset?
>>>
>> No, it is different story. I filed out a full class into .st file ,
>> and then used it to file-in into image.
>>
> I think it was a regression when merging some code... the method should not be called on Utitlities
>
> Can you try the attached fix?

Its now loading ok.