Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

Nicolas Cellier
Pharo/Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.293 has been lost
(overwritten by Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.294 which has
Kernel-michael_rueger.renggli.292 as ancestor).

Thus Pharo image 10287 miss Hernan stack top fix and a literals do: fix

This can be repaired by merge tool though...
While at it, why cannot we apply a chirurgical merge ?
I mean select or reject item by item

Re: Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

Stéphane Ducasse
this is strange since I merge and do not load.
So I will redo that (reargh).

Stef
On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Pharo/Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.293 has been lost
> (overwritten by Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.294 which has
> Kernel-michael_rueger.renggli.292 as ancestor).
>
> Thus Pharo image 10287 miss Hernan stack top fix and a literals do:
> fix
>
> This can be repaired by merge tool though...
> While at it, why cannot we apply a chirurgical merge ?
> I mean select or reject item by item

Re: Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

hernanmd
  I'm using 10293cl and this fix still isn't integrated:

Hernán

2009/4/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> this is strange since I merge and do not load.
> So I will redo that (reargh).
>
> Stef
> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>
>> Pharo/Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.293 has been lost
>> (overwritten by Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.294 which has
>> Kernel-michael_rueger.renggli.292 as ancestor).
>>
>> Thus Pharo image 10287 miss Hernan stack top fix and a literals do:
>> fix
>>
>> This can be repaired by merge tool though...
>> While at it, why cannot we apply a chirurgical merge ?
>> I mean select or reject item by item

Re: Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

Stéphane Ducasse
I really do understand.
Really! There is something really strange. I checked it.
So I will redo it again thanks for spotting that.

On Apr 26, 2009, at 7:58 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

>  I'm using 10293cl and this fix still isn't integrated:

> Hernán
>
> 2009/4/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> this is strange since I merge and do not load.
>> So I will redo that (reargh).
>>
>> Stef
>> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>
>>> Pharo/Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.293 has been lost
>>> (overwritten by Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.294 which has
>>> Kernel-michael_rueger.renggli.292 as ancestor).
>>>
>>> Thus Pharo image 10287 miss Hernan stack top fix and a literals do:
>>> fix
>>>
>>> This can be repaired by merge tool though...
>>> While at it, why cannot we apply a chirurgical merge ?
>>> I mean select or reject item by item

Re: Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

Hernan can you check because in my 10293cl it is in.

Stef

On Apr 26, 2009, at 7:58 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

>  I'm using 10293cl and this fix still isn't integrated:

> Hernán
>
> 2009/4/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> this is strange since I merge and do not load.
>> So I will redo that (reargh).
>>
>> Stef
>> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>
>>> Pharo/Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.293 has been lost
>>> (overwritten by Kernel-stephane_ducasse.renggli.294 which has
>>> Kernel-michael_rueger.renggli.292 as ancestor).
>>>
>>> Thus Pharo image 10287 miss Hernan stack top fix and a literals do:
>>> fix
>>>
>>> This can be repaired by merge tool though...
>>> While at it, why cannot we apply a chirurgical merge ?
>>> I mean select or reject item by item

Re: Hernan stack top fix and some literalDo: fix still missing

hernanmd
I've found that while debugging
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=753 [*]

Sorry, your merge is in, apparently something changed in
PluggableTextMorph #getText.
so in the debugger, this is, TextMorph>>newContents: stringOrText

stringOrText copy asText

stringOrText is now an Integer and it fails again with the same
behavior, before implementing #asText in Number again (URI, Url,
Character and BlockClosure has the same implementor) I'd see what has
changed with #getText.

Hernán

PS: BTW for those with networking problems, there's something wrong
with the new networking code, probably in the Socket plugin, quick
temporary fix is to modify #useOldNetwork to answer ^UseOldNetwork ~~
true