Hi Serge

werner kassens-2
Dear Serge,
a non-scientific remark - occasionally it is difficult for me to maintain packages in scismalltalk, if i can't sometimes talk to the chief about what would be the most preferred approach. unfortunately you lately don't answer my questions, equally when i try to shed some light on a question. i'm not very proficient in deciphering non-verbal communication, hence i'm not sure whether that means that i should stop my participation in scismalltalk. your thoughts?
Best regards
werner

Re: Hi Serge

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Serge,

Dear Werner,

> a non-scientific remark - occasionally it is difficult for me to maintain
> packages in scismalltalk, if i can't sometimes talk to the chief about what
> would be the most preferred approach. unfortunately you lately don't answer
> my questions, equally when i try to shed some light on a question. i'm not
> very proficient in deciphering non-verbal communication, hence i'm not sure
> whether that means that i should stop my participation in scismalltalk. your
> thoughts?

Sorry, I was quite slow to reply to last emails because I have a lot
of lectures from January to May.
BTW, I'm not the chief ;-) This an open-source project and you have
all the access to commit code and release new versions if you want.

Sometimes, this really difficult to know what to do. For example, in
the recent "Failed test for testExpln" thread,
I dunno exactly what action we should do.

Maybe we should use the scismalltalk issues tracker in order to know
what are the current issues and actions to do:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/issues

Can we try to use it in order to see if he helps communications between us ?

I hope that you will continue to work on SciSmalltalk.
Thank you for your participation.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: Hi Serge

werner kassens-2
Hi Serge,
i see, i obviously misunderstood your intention, sorry for that. of course we can try to rely more heavily on the issue tracker ( i obviously <stupid grin> do have problems with issue trackers, i recently wanted to reply to something on the pharo issue tracker and then was forced to make an email out of a simple comment. and when i wanted to add something else and tried another method, i landed on a wrong page and after i then pressed cancel the issue tracker made all kinds of strange things, which led me to believe that i shouldnt say something there. but then the git issue tracker is probably simpler to use.)
werner