Hidden inputs

keith1y
Hello Lukas,

I found that MAInternalEditorComponent is doing this

renderEditorOn: html
    super renderEditorOn: html.
    html hiddenInput callback: [ self component commit ]

Am I correct in thinking that this means that the commit to the model is
occurring every time the form submits? I thought that the commit should
be to the memento, when validation etc has passed.

Keith

Re: Hidden inputs

Lukas Renggli
> I found that MAInternalEditorComponent is doing this
>
> renderEditorOn: html
>    super renderEditorOn: html.
>    html hiddenInput callback: [ self component commit ]
>
> Am I correct in thinking that this means that the commit to the model is
> occurring every time the form submits? I thought that the commit should
> be to the memento, when validation etc has passed.

Yeah, looks suspicious. I committed a fix for this particular issue in
Magritte-Seaside-lr.285.

Note, that I rarely use the to-many relationship descriptions, so that
there might be more bugs lingering around ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hidden inputs

keith1y
Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I found that MAInternalEditorComponent is doing this
>>
>> renderEditorOn: html
>>    super renderEditorOn: html.
>>    html hiddenInput callback: [ self component commit ]
>>
>> Am I correct in thinking that this means that the commit to the model is
>> occurring every time the form submits? I thought that the commit should
>> be to the memento, when validation etc has passed.
>>
> Yeah, looks suspicious. I committed a fix for this particular issue in
> Magritte-Seaside-lr.285.
>
> Note, that I rarely use the to-many relationship descriptions, so that
> there might be more bugs lingering around ...

One or two ;-)

I adopted your fix to see what difference it makes. Looks good so far.

I have posted fixes to two further issues.

Controls one level down i.e.

Container(1)>>Control=Container(2)>>Control

dont have access to the errors list of container (1) in order to display
class: 'error', in #forClass:
my solution uses a Notification.

Validation in the component heirarchy raises non-resumable errors,
whereas the model validation raises resumable errors resulting in wierd
behaviour.

Again I uploaded a fix for this

Keith

Re: Hidden inputs

Lukas Renggli
I published a different fix that does not use resumable exceptions,
but instead asks the parent if there are any errors to report
Magritte-Seaside-lr.286.

Lukas

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> I found that MAInternalEditorComponent is doing this
>>>
>>> renderEditorOn: html
>>>    super renderEditorOn: html.
>>>    html hiddenInput callback: [ self component commit ]
>>>
>>> Am I correct in thinking that this means that the commit to the model is
>>> occurring every time the form submits? I thought that the commit should
>>> be to the memento, when validation etc has passed.
>>>
>> Yeah, looks suspicious. I committed a fix for this particular issue in
>> Magritte-Seaside-lr.285.
>>
>> Note, that I rarely use the to-many relationship descriptions, so that
>> there might be more bugs lingering around ...
>>
> One or two ;-)
>
> I adopted your fix to see what difference it makes. Looks good so far.
>
> I have posted fixes to two further issues.
>
> Controls one level down i.e.
>
> Container(1)>>Control=Container(2)>>Control
>
> dont have access to the errors list of container (1) in order to display
> class: 'error', in #forClass:
> my solution uses a Notification.
>
> Validation in the component heirarchy raises non-resumable errors,
> whereas the model validation raises resumable errors resulting in wierd
> behaviour.
>
> Again I uploaded a fix for this
>
> Keith

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

keith1y
Lukas Renggli wrote:
> I published a different fix that does not use resumable exceptions,
> but instead asks the parent if there are any errors to report
> Magritte-Seaside-lr.286.
>
> Lukas

Cool thanks,

I thought that children asking parents was considered bad form.

btw: The MenuWidget is clueless about lightbox links.

Keith

Re: LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:

> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> I published a different fix that does not use resumable exceptions,
>> but instead asks the parent if there are any errors to report
>> Magritte-Seaside-lr.286.
>>
>> Lukas
>>

> Cool thanks,
>
> I thought that children asking parents was considered bad form.
>
> btw: The MenuWidget is clueless about lightbox links.
>
> Keith

I have submitted a naive fix for the lightbox issue.

How does one normally get back from the lightbox? (As in back to the
structure that you came from).

You still need to address the issue about validation errors being raised
non-resumable. They need to be raised, or modified to be resumable.

Keith

Re: LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

Lukas Renggli
> I thought that children asking parents was considered bad form.

Yes, because it makes reuse impossible.

However in the case of Magritte this is for a composite of private
component classes that make up a single form. The parent information
is only maintained within this group and was introduced to be able to
replace the outermost editor component with a new form.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

Lukas Renggli
> I have submitted a naive fix for the lightbox issue.

That code should be part of the package Pier-Lightbox, not Pier-Seaside.

> How does one normally get back from the lightbox? (As in back to the
> structure that you came from).

Pressing the close button of the lightbox?

> You still need to address the issue about validation errors being raised
> non-resumable. They need to be raised, or modified to be resumable.

We need to get rid of those ugly exceptions all-together.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I have submitted a naive fix for the lightbox issue.
>>

> That code should be part of the package Pier-Lightbox, not Pier-Seaside.
>

>> How does one normally get back from the lightbox? (As in back to the
>> structure that you came from).
>>

> Pressing the close button of the lightbox?

I couldnt see it. I also cant find any styling in my pier installation
that would make it visible.

Keith

Re: LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

Lukas Renggli
> I couldnt see it. I also cant find any styling in my pier installation
> that would make it visible.

See here for example: <http://www.seaside.st/about/screenshots>

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: LightBox links broken in PRMenuWidget

John McKeon
You definitely have to add styling for the lightbox id. Note that it is an ID not a class

#lightbox .head, .body {
    background-color: white;
    border: solid 2px;
    border-color: green; }