Hiding the cursor in pharo and/or bloc

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

i've been playing with bloc, and i am trying to completely remove the cursor (i.e. always display a blank cursor). I can't find how. Removing the Pharo cursor would also be ok, but i can't either. I can only show a blank cursor for a few moments but after moving the mouse too much it becomes normal again.

I have tried:

Cursor currentCursor: Cursor blank (seems not to work ?)

Cursor blank beCursor (works for a few moments only...)

Any way to do that permanently ?

Steven.

Re: Hiding the cursor in pharo and/or bloc

Aliaksei Syrel
Hi Steven,

What you see is not Bloc's cursor (there is no cursor in bloc)
It is a Morphic cursor :)

Cheers,
Alex

On 2 October 2017 at 22:19, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

i've been playing with bloc, and i am trying to completely remove the cursor (i.e. always display a blank cursor). I can't find how. Removing the Pharo cursor would also be ok, but i can't either. I can only show a blank cursor for a few moments but after moving the mouse too much it becomes normal again.

I have tried:

Cursor currentCursor: Cursor blank (seems not to work ?)

Cursor blank beCursor (works for a few moments only...)

Any way to do that permanently ?

Steven.

Re: Hiding the cursor in pharo and/or bloc

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

Look at Cursor class side. All cursor bitmaps are in class variables. If you will replace all of them with blank cursor then cursor will be always blank.
Something like this:

Cursor classVariables associationsDo: [ :each | each value: Cursor blank ]

[...]

Thanks Denis :) It works :)

Its pretty nice for touch-sensitive apps :)

Steven.