Hijri calendar

Torsten Bergmann
Do we have support/code for that somewhere?

Thx
T.

Re: Hijri calendar

Paul DeBruicker
Chronos has:

"IslamicFatimidCalendar

        Concept:

                IslamicFatimidCalendar implements the Islamic Fatimid Calendar.  The Islamic Fatimid Calendar (also called the Tabular Islamic Calendar) is an arithmetical variation of the Astronomical Islamic Calendar (the one most Muslims use for religious purposes.) It has the same year numbers and months, but the months are determined by arithmetic rules rather than by observation or astronomical calculations. It was developed by early Muslim astronomers of the second Hijra century (the eighth century AD) to provide a predictable time base for calculating the positions of the moon, sun, and planets. Historians use it to convert an Islamic date into a Western calendar date when no other information (like the day of the week) is available. Some Muslims (e.g, the Daudi Bohras, the Isma'ilis) also use the arithmetical calendar for regligous purposes [reference: http://archive.mumineen.org/publications/oup/bohras.html].  All Muslims commonly use it to estimate future (and sometimes past) dates."

Is that what you want?

Torsten Bergmann wrote
Do we have support/code for that somewhere?

Thx
T.

Re: Hijri calendar

Torsten Bergmann
Paul DeBruicker wrote
> Chronos has:
> Is that what you want?

The www.chronos-st.org seems to be gone. But there is http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos/

Thanks - I will have a look. Is it known to work in Pharo 3.0?

Thx
T.

Re: Hijri calendar

Paul DeBruicker
Torsten Bergmann wrote
Paul DeBruicker wrote
> Chronos has:
> Is that what you want?

The www.chronos-st.org seems to be gone. But there is http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos/

Thanks - I will have a look. Is it known to work in Pharo 3.0?

Thx
T.
Eh it will probably die because the base config loads code that uses FileDirectory.  I did port it to Pharo 2.  I think if you edit the ConfigurationOfChronos to load into Pharo 3 what it loads into Pharo 2 it should work OK.  But I haven't tried it.

Re: Hijri calendar

Maximiliano Taborda
Hi,
You could try Chalten, it also has support for the Islamic Calendar.

Regards.
Maxi

Torsten Bergmann wrote
> Paul DeBruicker wrote
>> Chronos has:
>> Is that what you want?
>
> The www.chronos-st.org seems to be gone. But there is
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos/
>
> Thanks - I will have a look. Is it known to work in Pharo 3.0?
>
> Thx
> T.

Eh it will probably die because the base config loads code that uses
FileDirectory.  I did port it to Pharo 2.  I think if you edit the
ConfigurationOfChronos to load into Pharo 3 what it loads into Pharo 2 it
should work OK.  But I haven't tried it.

Re: Hijri calendar

stepharo
Hi maximillo

would you be interested to have a chapter on our next book on Chalten?
I hope so. We could take your documentation at input.

Stef

On 23/4/14 22:44, Maximiliano Taborda wrote:
Hi,
You could try Chalten, it also has support for the Islamic Calendar.

Regards.
Maxi

Torsten Bergmann wrote
> Paul DeBruicker wrote
>> Chronos has:
>> Is that what you want?
>
> The www.chronos-st.org seems to be gone. But there is
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos/
>
> Thanks - I will have a look. Is it known to work in Pharo 3.0?
>
> Thx
> T.

Eh it will probably die because the base config loads code that uses
FileDirectory.  I did port it to Pharo 2.  I think if you edit the
ConfigurationOfChronos to load into Pharo 3 what it loads into Pharo 2 it
should work OK.  But I haven't tried it.

Re: Hijri calendar

Maximiliano Taborda
Hi Stef.
Yes, of course.
Please, tell me what kind of documentation you need.

Regards.
Maxi