History of the .image

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

I am curious. What is the history of the Pharo image? I know it is
forked from Squeak, but then from where does come the Squeak image?
How and when was it build from its source code definition?
When did it became an "evolving organism" as it is today?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: History of the .image

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 04:00:15PM +0200, Hilaire wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am curious. What is the history of the Pharo image? I know it is
> forked from Squeak, but then from where does come the Squeak image?
> How and when was it build from its source code definition?
> When did it became an "evolving organism" as it is today?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-September/179950.html

Re: History of the .image

HilaireFernandes
Le 04/10/2014 16:16, David T. Lewis a écrit :

> On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 04:00:15PM +0200, Hilaire wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am curious. What is the history of the Pharo image? I know it is
>> forked from Squeak, but then from where does come the Squeak image?
>> How and when was it build from its source code definition?
>> When did it became an "evolving organism" as it is today?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hilaire
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-September/179950.html

Thanks for the pointer. But my curiosity targets technical
considerations. How and when was done the first image bootstrap, then at
this moment was the image became the base of development, or was a kind
of boostrap-image-build from source still done for some time.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: History of the .image

stepharo
Hilaire

I do not know if this is there but you may find that on the history book.
Now soon we will have pharo bootstrapped in production :)

You can ask guille to know where to look :)