Hosting on rackincloud.com

1 message Options

Hosting on rackincloud.com

Janko Mivšek
Hello everyone!

We have now a viable hosting option for Aida web apps:

        http://www.rackincloud.com/

Even that there is Seaside hosting mentioned, it is actually a Pharo 2.0
what is hosted and there you can load Aida too. I just did it and
decided to permanently run:

        http://aidademo.rackincloud.com

For 15 USD/month you get 512M RAM, 5GB disk and unlimited bandwidth.
Image is accessed simply via VNC.

I managed to setup my aidademo in few minutes:

1.  Register on rackincloud.com
2.  Log in and go to Start Appliance
3.  Click Start Pharo
4.  Choose subdomain, like aidademo, click Start
5.  In Your Rack click your appliance, like aidademo.rackincloud.com
6.  Click VNC tab and set VNC password
7.  In your VNC viewer open like gate1.rackincloud.com:5914

8.  Now you are in Pharo image
9.  Right click and open Tools->Configuration Browser
10. Under Unverified right click Aida and choose Install...(Stable)
11. Open Workspace and evaluate the following script:

    AIDASite default port: 8080.
    SwazooServer stop; start.

12. Open in web browser your site, like http://aidademo.rackincloud.com

So, thanks to Mike Filonov we have now a nice Aida hosting.

See further discussion here:
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2013-July/082541.html
About and video: http://rackincloud.com/rack/about

Best regards