How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

Denis Kudriashov
Hello

I search way for playing swf files in morphic.

Can you advise some approaches for implementing this stuff?

I found flash package in squeaksource. But It support only swf format version 3. Its realy up to day. I cant read required flash files. And I dont know how I can improve current implementation for recent swf format. Maybe I wrong but I hear swf format have no open specification.

I found gstreamer flash plugin. And there is gstreamer binding in squeaksource. Is somebody try playing flash by gstreamer? And is this will be different then playing video?

Best regards,
Denis

Re: How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi denis

Long time again we could play flash 3.0 in squeak but this was at a time where the flash license was forbidding even the writing of program interpreting flash internal data.
So the flash package did not get maintained to support flash 40 and after it got obsolete.
After the license changed and it is possible to get a flash importer/ interpreter.
Now everything I said can be false because it was long time ago.

Now it would be cool to have a flash player around :)

Stef

> Hello
>
> I search way for playing swf files in morphic.
>
> Can you advise some approaches for implementing this stuff?
>
> I found flash package in squeaksource. But It support only swf format version 3. Its realy up to day. I cant read required flash files. And I dont know how I can improve current implementation for recent swf format. Maybe I wrong but I hear swf format have no open specification.
>
> I found gstreamer flash plugin. And there is gstreamer binding in squeaksource. Is somebody try playing flash by gstreamer? And is this will be different then playing video?
>

> Best regards,
> Denis

Re: How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I checked OpenSophie.  I was able import a Flash movie, but when I played it, the sound played for just a moment and the video only updated when I clicked pause or play.  I don't know what version it is, but the file I imported was: H.264, 320 x 216, Millions; AAC, Stereo, 22.050 kHz.  I had written a short blog post on how to dig into Sophie at http://seandenigris.com/blog/?p=696.

If you come up with anything, let me know.  I am also very interested in getting Flash (and other media) to play in-image.

HTH,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
HilaireFernandes wrote
Sophie use Quicktime to play external media
I've started digging the code out of Sophie.  The discussion is at http://forum.world.st/Playing-Flash-movies-in-image-was-Sophie-MPEG-Player-td3167328.html

The current status is that the Sophie implementation is working in the last Squeak-based version (1.04), which has to be unlocked for development (see above referenced blog post).  However, it is Tweak-based.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: How I can do SWF files playing in pharo?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I've started digging the code out of Sophie.
I wrote a proof of concept that plays QuickTime movies (including Flash movies if you have Perian installed).  It works in Squeak 4.1 on Mac only right now.  It also works with minimal changes in Pharo 1.1.1, but I don't have time to split out the platform-dependent parts right now.

To check it out:
* in Pharo 1.1.1
  1. load FFI
        Gofer new
            squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
            package: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
            load.

        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFFI) project latestVersion) load.
  2. allow underscore assignments in settings
  3. load the player with "Gofer new squeaksource: 'SophieGoldDig'; package: 'SpdQT'; load."
  4. evaluate:
        aURI := URI fromString: 'file:///path/to/aQuickTimeMovie.flv'.
        manager := SophieResourceManagerFolderPackage new.
        resource := SophieResource basedOn: manager.
        resource fileURI: aURI.
        movie := QuickTimeMovie new.
        movie resource: resource.
        movie openMovieFromURI: aURI.
        movie play.
        "movie stopMovieQT."
  5. manually remove the isFinalizationSupported checks when the two errors appear

* or, load it in Squeak per the discussion at http://forum.world.st/Playing-Flash-movies-in-image-td3167383.html

Sean
Cheers,
Sean