How are you supposed to recover code in Pharo - epicea seems half finished?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How are you supposed to recover code in Pharo - epicea seems half finished?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’ve been hit by this a few times now, and I’m scratching my head how its supposed to work.

I moved some classes to another package and tag (but sometimes Pharo does this badly and rather than a sub-tag it makes a new top level package with a hyphen in it).

So I then committed my changes to git, and thought nothing of it - but the flaw here is that with a new top package my classes didn’t get commited!!!

I then changed branch and started something else, but later saw this top level package and thought it was an Iceberg blip (it sometimes doesn’t reload packages properly when changing branches) - and so I deleted those classes.

A few minutes later it suddenly - it dawned on me Oh no…..

Ok fine - we have changes tech right? But with no .changes file, we use epicea ????? But here’s the frustration - I know the classes, but they are thousands of lines down the changes list now (I’ve changed branch and loaded new code).

Where is the filter by specific class?

And gosh its darn slow….

I’m missing the text editable .changes file right now as this doesn’t work so well to get to a specific place to  recover methods, comments etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Missing something obvious?

Tim