How beta es 2.8?

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm starting a new Seaside project and I wonder how beta is the developing version of it... Is worth start already in 2.8 or is better to wait until a more stable version come to us, and then migrate?

Cheers,
Esteban

--
"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: How beta es 2.8?

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Esteban,

2007/6/22, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
> I'm starting a new Seaside project and I wonder how beta is the developing
> version of it... Is worth start already in 2.8 or is better to wait until a
> more stable version come to us, and then migrate?

Seaside 2.8 is already used in a commercial project if I remember
correctly. I think it's now stable enough to use it as a start for a
new project. However, I think developing a project on top of Seaside
2.7 won't cause too much problems when you want to move to 2.8.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: How beta es 2.8?

Lukas Renggli
> > I'm starting a new Seaside project and I wonder how beta is the developing
> > version of it... Is worth start already in 2.8 or is better to wait until a
> > more stable version come to us, and then migrate?
>
> Seaside 2.8 is already used in a commercial project if I remember
> correctly. I think it's now stable enough to use it as a start for a
> new project. However, I think developing a project on top of Seaside
> 2.7 won't cause too much problems when you want to move to 2.8.

It works well and it gives many advantages (speed, space). I use it in
several commercial projects. As Damien said it should be
strait-forward to bring an application from 2.7 to 2.8: The only thing
really incompatible is the backtracking of objects (unfortunately the
new scheme doesn't make it easy to be backward compatible).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch