How can I color one character of text?

Steve Thomas
I am working on a word recognition/typing program in Etoys for Haiti. (and anyone else who needs it).

I need to be able to change the color of the character at cursor.

How can I do this?  (squeak code is fine)

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: How can I color one character of text?

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-15, at 01:05, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am working on a word recognition/typing program in Etoys for Haiti. (and anyone else who needs it).

I need to be able to change the color of the character at cursor.

How can I do this?  (squeak code is fine)

setColorAtCursor: color
| m |
m := self costume renderedMorph.
m text
addAttribute: (TextColor color: color)
from: m cursor
to: m cursor.
m changed

- Bert -

Re: How can I color one character of text?

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas has shared a video with you on YouTube
Thank you Bert!!!

Word Balloons in Etoys
Teachers and Students can enter a list of words to practice typing, word and letter recognition.
©2013 YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066

Re: How can I color one character of text?

Steve Thomas
Version 2 - Picture Words

Steve Thomas has shared a video with you on YouTube
Version 2 - Picture Words
Picture Words
Type in the Word represented by the Picture