How can I find out which scripting tiles are used in a project?

How can I find out which scripting tiles are used in a project?

Steve Thomas
So the Etoys Education Committee was selected to spend a week together at Google Doc Camp to improve our Etoys documentation.

One idea for structuring the documentation we discussed was to document how to use certain scripting tiles and then how those basic building blocks could be used together to build a project.  Towards that end, it would be nice if we had a way to identify what scripting tiles were used in a project.  We could then take a set of projects we wanted to showcase or were part of a curriculum and quickly map them to what a student/teacher needed to know.

Ideally from the command prompt where we could list them for each .pr in a directory, but it would also work if we had a script we could run within a particular project.

Suggestions/Solutions welcomed :)

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: How can I find out which scripting tiles are used in a project?

Bert Freudenberg

On 2012-11-22, at 05:19, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So the Etoys Education Committee was selected to spend a week together at Google Doc Camp to improve our Etoys documentation.
>
> One idea for structuring the documentation we discussed was to document how to use certain scripting tiles and then how those basic building blocks could be used together to build a project.  Towards that end, it would be nice if we had a way to identify what scripting tiles were used in a project.  We could then take a set of projects we wanted to showcase or were part of a curriculum and quickly map them to what a student/teacher needed to know.
>
> Ideally from the command prompt where we could list them for each .pr in a directory, but it would also work if we had a script we could run within a particular project.
>
> Suggestions/Solutions welcomed :)

Not exactly easy. But try the attached project.

Karl: In 5.0 this works fine, but in 5.0.1 it destroys the shared flap when loading another project. IIRC you did something to to re-initialize the tool bar, right? Apparently this is too drastic ...

- Bert -

UsedTiles.001.pr (37K) Download Attachment

Re: How can I find out which scripting tiles are used in a project?

Karl Ramberg
I just tested this and the shared flap seems to work with latest updates.
What breaks in your image?

Karl

This is the change I made to the SugarBar

Name: Sugar-kfr.15
Author: kfr
Time: 7 October 2012, 10:57:19 am
UUID: 94e5ad36-4eea-fd4d-a56f-cb4eaeb32714
Ancestors: Sugar-bf.14

Make accidental mishaps with the navigator bar less likely

=============== Diff against Sugar-bf.14 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SugarNavTab>>addCustomMenuItems:hand: (in category 'menu') -----
  addCustomMenuItems: aMenu hand: aHandMorph
        "Add further items to the menu as appropriate"

        aMenu addLine.
+       "aMenu addUpdating: #edgeString action: #setEdgeToAdhereTo."
+       "aMenu add: 'destroy this flap' translated action: #destroyFlap." "we do not want accidental removal"
-       aMenu addUpdating: #edgeString action: #setEdgeToAdhereTo.
-       aMenu add: 'destroy this flap' translated action: #destroyFlap.

        aMenu addLine.

        aMenu add: 'use default green look' translated action: #makeGreen.
        aMenu add: 'use default gray look' translated action: #makeGray.
        aMenu add: 'color...' translated target: self action: #changeColor.
        aMenu add: 'highlight color...' translated target: self action: #changeHighlightColor.
        aMenu add: 'height...' translated target: self action: #changeNaviHeight.
  !

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SugarNavTab>>okayToBrownDragEasily (in category 'accessing') -----
+ okayToBrownDragEasily
+
+
+       ^ false!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SugarNavTab>>okayToResizeEasily (in category 'accessing') -----
+ okayToResizeEasily
+       "Answer whether the receiver would be glad to offer a grow handle."
+
+       ^ false!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SugarNavTab>>okayToRotateEasily (in category 'accessing') -----
+ okayToRotateEasily
+       "Answer whether it is appropriate for a rotation handle to be shown for the receiver. "
+
+       ^ false!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SugarNavTab>>wantsHaloHandleWithSelector:inHalo: (in category 'menu') -----
+ wantsHaloHandleWithSelector: aSelector inHalo: aHaloMorph
+       "Answer whether the receiver would like to offer the halo handle with the given selector (e.g. #addCollapseHandle:)"
+
+       (#(addDupHandle: addMakeSiblingHandle: addCollapseHandle: ) includes: aSelector) ifTrue:
+               [^ false].
+
+       ^ super wantsHaloHandleWithSelector: aSelector inHalo: aHaloMorph
+ !

On 29.11.2012, at 21:24, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just tested this and the shared flap seems to work with latest updates.
> What breaks in your image?
>
> Karl

I tried with 5.0.1, not the very latest (http://etoys.squeak.org/download/).

The new shared flap would appear in all the projects that had been loaded already. But when navigating to a new one, e.g. one of the examples, the flap disappeared.

- Bert -