How can I know if a file is being written by another process?

How can I know if a file is being written by another process?

Sebastian Tleye-2
Hi,

I want to read a file that is created by an external process. I need to read this file after the external process is finished. I have an instance of FileReference to this file. Is it possible to know if the file is being written or it is closed?

thanks.

Sebastián

Re: How can I know if a file is being written by another process?

Sergio Fedi
I don't know, but I would check the API of the SO you are under, and see how the FileReference is implemented and how to call the API method.

With some luck, it has already been implemented.