How can a configuration map tell if it is up/down loading to VAST Goodies?

How can a configuration map tell if it is up/down loading to VAST Goodies?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi,

How can a configuration map tell if it is up/down loading to VAST Goodies?  I am working on configuration maps for the new Raspberry GPIO interface.  I want to make a configuration map that can be used both for VAST Goodies and to load the applications needed to package an XD image.

For VAST Goodies, you don't want to include required applications like UNIXProcesses but you do want them for packaging.

Fortunately, configuration maps allow for tests that determine if a required map is pertinent in the Config. Expressions section.  Can anyone think of a test I can use to exclude some maps when up or down loading to VAST Goodies?

Lou

Re: How can a configuration map tell if it is up/down loading to VAST Goodies?

Adriaan van Os-3
Hi Lou,

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. As you probably know the VAStGoodies Tools by itself work on a single map basis, ignoring required maps. Both for uploading and downloading. Maybe you can elaborate some more?

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Re: How can a configuration map tell if it is up/down loading to VAST Goodies?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Adriaan,

Thanks for the reply.

On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:47:19 AM UTC-4, Adriaan van Os wrote:
Hi Lou,

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. As you probably know the VAStGoodies Tools by itself work on a single map basis, ignoring required maps. Both for uploading and downloading. Maybe you can elaborate some more?

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Well don't I feel silly.  I thought the required maps were NOT ignored and that a required map could cause unwanted applications to be uploaded to VAStGoodies.

Not that it matters now but I just figured out how to do what I was asking.  If in the "Config. Expressions" are one puts:

(Smalltalk at: #EnvySeasideClientViewApp ifAbsent: []) isNil

the required map will not be used.

Lou