How disable debugger?

Denis Kudriashov
Hello

Is it possible write all exceptions to log and dont show debugger?
How I can do this?

Re: How disable debugger?

Stéphane Ducasse
have a look at the handler of

UnhandledError>>defaultAction

  ^ UIManager default unhandledErrorDefaultAction: self exception

so you can define a different UIManager for example

Stef
On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is it possible write all exceptions to log and dont show debugger?
> How I can do this?

Re: How disable debugger?

Denis Kudriashov
Yes, I can do this.

But I hope there is existed solution.

I was think scriptLoader>>cleanForProduction do this (disable debugger).

2010/7/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
have a look at the handler of

UnhandledError>>defaultAction

       ^ UIManager default unhandledErrorDefaultAction: self exception

so you can define a different UIManager for example

Stef
On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is it possible write all exceptions to log and dont show debugger?
> How I can do this?

Re: How disable debugger?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jul 22, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Yes, I can do this.
>
> But I hope there is existed solution.
>
> I was think scriptLoader>>cleanForProduction do this (disable debugger).

no remember scriptloader is a private ugly project of us to manage the image distribution before we use metacello

we should have a solution in the future so if you do something let us know.

Re: How disable debugger?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/7/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
Yes, I can do this.

But I hope there is existed solution.

I was think scriptLoader>>cleanForProduction do this (disable debugger).

I think I don't agree. That is not cleaning, but a matter of bussines. I know a lot of seaside apps running headless with RFB...in that case I do want a debugger.

But I agree, it would be good to have a Strategy and 2 implementation. DebuggerUnhandledError and TranscriptUhandledError. You put the first as default.
Then, you put the straegy as an (class?) instVar of  UnhandledError. you define an api method and implement it in both.

Then, at runtime, in your app you can set that insVar and you are done. In addition, it can be added to Core and you create a setting that let you choose the strategy.

Cheers

Mariano

2010/7/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

have a look at the handler of

UnhandledError>>defaultAction

       ^ UIManager default unhandledErrorDefaultAction: self exception

so you can define a different UIManager for example

Stef
On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is it possible write all exceptions to log and dont show debugger?
> How I can do this?

Re: How disable debugger?

Stéphane Ducasse
specializing UImanager is not enough?