How do I (and can I) debug a packaged UGI image?

How do I (and can I) debug a packaged UGI image?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Guys,

I have not needed to use the interactive debugger (I think that's its name) before.  I have an odd problem with a GUI image packaged with the "Make Executable" button in the Organizer window.  I am doing something a little out side the box.  I have a window/form with a bunch of text input fields.  Most of which have #editable set to false.  Almost all are connected to the result row of a database query.  The fields are targets.  Based upon data from the row, some of the fields are set to editable.  Some of those that aren't have numeric values that in the database are NULL (nil in the field).  When the user tabs through these fields a default value is set in the field (usually zero).  The two way link (connection) passes this value back to the row and the row seems like it has been changed.  When the user closes the window, I check to see if a row was changed and prompt the user to save the changes.  If no other changes were made the user is confused by the prompt.  I want to avoid the prompt.  So, I have written some code that runs the collection of attributes, attributeConnections and break the return connection for those fields that have #editable set to false.  This works great in the development environment.

Re: How do I (and can I) debug a packaged UGI image?

Louis LaBrunda
HI,

Well I solved my problem so I'm not in immediate need of using the interactive debugger but wouldn't mind knowing how anyway.

I can now start out with a two way connection for those fields that can sometimes change the database and then break the connection when it is determined that the field isn't allowed to be changed.

 Lou