How do I browser references to a class listed in a method?

How do I browser references to a class listed in a method?

Tim Mackinnon
This has been driving me crazy.

If I am looking at the following method in a browser:

renderContext
        "Answer a fake rendering context for this pusher."

        ^ WARenderContext new
                document: (WAHtmlDocument on: (WriteStream on: String new));
                actionUrl: WAUrl new;
                yourself

How do I - if I hilite WARenderContext:

1) Browse other methods that reference the class? There is a context
menu item "methods containing (E)" - this just gives a walkback error
(doesNotUnderstand: #allMethodNoDoitsSelect). I am used to having,
senders, implementors and references (is that menu item the equivalent
of references but its just broken?).

2) Browser the hierarchy of the selected class (not just the class)?

In both cases - it seems like I have to do a Cmd-B (browse class) and
then from that window I can then do the operations I am after. But this
gives me an extra window floating around (I think I am starting to
understand why Squeakers complain about window orphans, and killing of
windows). Is there some shortcut I am missing?

Tim

Re: How do I browser references to a class listed in a method?

Lukas Renggli
> 1) Browse other methods that reference the class? There is a context menu
> item "methods containing (E)" - this just gives a walkback error
> (doesNotUnderstand: #allMethodNoDoitsSelect). I am used to having, senders,
> implementors and references (is that menu item the equivalent of references
> but its just broken?).

Ctrl+Shift+N (references)

The menu seems to have disappeared, but the keyboard command works.

> 2) Browser the hierarchy of the selected class (not just the class)?
>
> In both cases - it seems like I have to do a Cmd-B (browse class) and then
> from that window I can then do the operations I am after. But this gives me
> an extra window floating around (I think I am starting to understand why
> Squeakers complain about window orphans, and killing of windows). Is there
> some shortcut I am missing?

No

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How do I browser references to a class listed in a method?

which
        image?
        pharo version?

Stef

On Aug 15, 2010, at 2:52 PM, TimM wrote:

> This has been driving me crazy.
>
> If I am looking at the following method in a browser:
>
> renderContext
> "Answer a fake rendering context for this pusher."
>
> ^ WARenderContext new
> document: (WAHtmlDocument on: (WriteStream on: String new));
> actionUrl: WAUrl new;
> yourself
>

> How do I - if I hilite WARenderContext:
>
> 1) Browse other methods that reference the class? There is a context menu item "methods containing (E)" - this just gives a walkback error (doesNotUnderstand: #allMethodNoDoitsSelect). I am used to having, senders, implementors and references (is that menu item the equivalent of references but its just broken?).
>
> 2) Browser the hierarchy of the selected class (not just the class)?
>
> In both cases - it seems like I have to do a Cmd-B (browse class) and then from that window I can then do the operations I am after. But this gives me an extra window floating around (I think I am starting to understand why Squeakers complain about window orphans, and killing of windows). Is there some shortcut I am missing?
>
> Tim

Re: How do I browser references to a class listed in a method?

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 15, 2010, at 2:52 PM, TimM wrote:

> 1) Browse other methods that reference the class?

Command-N gives the refereNces for classes... (opposed to small n, which gives the selectors references of that name)

> There is a context menu item "methods containing (E)" - this just gives a walkback error (doesNotUnderstand: #allMethodNoDoitsSelect). I am used to having, senders, implementors and references (is that menu item the equivalent of references but its just broken?).

Yes, the menu item is broken. Can you report it as a bug?

> 2) Browser the hierarchy of the selected class (not just the class)?

I think there is no keyboard shortcut for that (for selected text)...

     Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On 16 August 2010 10:41, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 1) Browse other methods that reference the class? There is a context menu
>> item "methods containing (E)" - this just gives a walkback error
>> (doesNotUnderstand: #allMethodNoDoitsSelect). I am used to having, senders,
>> implementors and references (is that menu item the equivalent of references
>> but its just broken?).
>
> Ctrl+Shift+N (references)
>
> The menu seems to have disappeared, but the keyboard command works.

Name: OB-Standard-lr.492
Author: lr
Time: 16 August 2010, 10:50:56 am
UUID: add292ff-1fbb-4551-9e94-230864a13a6d
Ancestors: OB-Standard-lr.491, OB-Standard-lr.490

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Marcus Denker wrote:

>> 2) Browser the hierarchy of the selected class (not just the class)?
>>

> I think there is no keyboard shortcut for that (for selected text)...

Do you think Cmd-Shift-B might be a good candidate? And is it hard to
plug that in?

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> which
> image?
> pharo version?
>
> Stef

Ah sorry (although I think Lukas has fixed it?) -

this was a Seasside3.0rc image (Pharo 1.1)

Tim