How do I get copy/paste working again?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Hi,

I have the latest pharo-dev image.  It does not understand copy-
paste.  I understand this has been fixed, but software update seems to
be broken too!

What is the quick fix?

Cheers,
- on

Re: How do I get copy/paste working again?

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Oscar,

cut and paste works with a 10303 Core and the new VM
Time to time, text is paste twice, but this is not critical.

Alexandre

On 13 May 2009, at 11:46, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the latest pharo-dev image.  It does not understand copy-
> paste.  I understand this has been fixed, but software update seems to
> be broken too!
>
> What is the quick fix?
>
> Cheers,
> - on

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How do I get copy/paste working again?

did you tried ctrl instead of command because it worked before
upgrading to 10303.
Else apply the fix of mike to your own risk :)
Better upgrade but I'm not sure it is working ion pharo-dev
I should produce a new core image.

Stef

HostSystemMenusMenuItem class.michael.rueger.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment

Re: How do I get copy/paste working again?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Is there a way to programmatically update?  The Software Update menu
item does not work for me any more.

  -on

On May 13, 2009, at 12:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> did you tried ctrl instead of command because it worked before
> upgrading to 10303.
> Else apply the fix of mike to your own risk :)
> Better upgrade but I'm not sure it is working ion pharo-dev
> I should produce a new core image.
>
> <HostSystemMenusMenuItem class.michael.rueger.1.cs>
>
> Stef
>
> On May 13, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the latest pharo-dev image.  It does not understand copy-
>> paste.  I understand this has been fixed, but software update seems
>> be broken too!
>>
>> What is the quick fix?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - on

Re: How do I get copy/paste working again?

Adrian Lienhard
Utilities updateFromServer

The following is also handy if you want to upgrade only up to a
specific version:

Utilities updateFromServerThroughUpdateNumber: 10300

In #10303 copy/paste works for me again.

Cheers,
Adrian

On May 13, 2009, at 12:12 , Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> Is there a way to programmatically update?  The Software Update menu
> item does not work for me any more.
>
>  -on
>
> On May 13, 2009, at 12:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> did you tried ctrl instead of command because it worked before
>> upgrading to 10303.
>> Else apply the fix of mike to your own risk :)
>> Better upgrade but I'm not sure it is working ion pharo-dev
>> I should produce a new core image.
>>
>> <HostSystemMenusMenuItem class.michael.rueger.1.cs>
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On May 13, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have the latest pharo-dev image.  It does not understand copy-
>>> paste.  I understand this has been fixed, but software update seems
>>> be broken too!
>>>
>>> What is the quick fix?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> - on

Re: How do I get copy/paste working again?

Damien Cassou
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have the latest pharo-dev image.  It does not understand copy-
> paste.  I understand this has been fixed, but software update seems to
> be broken too!
>
> What is the quick fix?

Try latest Pharo image 09.05.1.

--