How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

stepharo
Where can we find this information as a newbie?

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

EstebanLM
shows you all projects registered (not just on sthub)

shows you a list of all public repositories in sthub (not always equivalent to a project)

and yes… this information is not very public right now :(

Esteban

On 04 Apr 2015, at 18:58, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where can we find this information as a newbie?

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

kilon.alios
Esteban about how to add projects to catalog page. Could you add examples of those methods ? For example are they suppose to return values ? How should they be defined ?

I want to add info for my project Ephestos

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
shows you all projects registered (not just on sthub)

shows you a list of all public repositories in sthub (not always equivalent to a project)

and yes… this information is not very public right now :(

Esteban

On 04 Apr 2015, at 18:58, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where can we find this information as a newbie?

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

EstebanLM
yes, they have to return certain values:

catalogDescription ^ A small paragraph describing your project.
catalogContactInfo ^ Contact information such as email, mailing lists and website.
catalogKeywords ^ An array of keys to better index your project
:)

explanation could be better… but right now I cannot change it… I will put it in my todo.

Esteban

On 07 Apr 2015, at 14:13, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Esteban about how to add projects to catalog page. Could you add examples of those methods ? For example are they suppose to return values ? How should they be defined ?

I want to add info for my project Ephestos

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
shows you all projects registered (not just on sthub)

shows you a list of all public repositories in sthub (not always equivalent to a project)

and yes… this information is not very public right now :(

Esteban

On 04 Apr 2015, at 18:58, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where can we find this information as a newbie?

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

kilon.alios
do the first and second return strings ?

for the third one I will need more info.
is it an array of literals like

^#( #python #database #pharo4 )

?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

CyrilFerlicot
Example with Cocoon:

catalogContactInfo
    ^ 'The creator of Cocoon is Stephan Ducasse with the help of Cyril Ferlicot.
    The website is at *http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/Cocoon/*.'

catalogDescription
    ^ 'An application configuration system using JSON. I manage a set of properties. I can contains other sub-configurations. If the configuration don''t find an information it will look up in his parent.'

catalogKeywords
    ^ #(cocoon configuration manager documentation)

You can also look on the configuration of other application like Pillar etc...

On 7 April 2015 at 14:47, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Cyril Ferlicot

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

Thierry Goubier
Le 07/04/2015 14:51, Cyril Ferlicot a écrit :

> Example with Cocoon:
>
> catalogContactInfo
>      ^ 'The creator of Cocoon is Stephan Ducasse with the help of Cyril
> Ferlicot.
>      The website is at *http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/Cocoon/*.'
>
> catalogDescription
>      ^ 'An application configuration system using JSON. I manage a set
> of properties. I can contains other sub-configurations. If the
> configuration don''t find an information it will look up in his parent.'
>
> catalogKeywords
>      ^ #(cocoon configuration manager documentation)

I have some code which uses the catalog keywords to classify a
configuration inside the Alt Browser tree of packages categories.

But I'm thinking of removing it; it isn't connected to Metacello, and it
really should be to work properly.

Thierry

> You can also look on the configuration of other application like Pillar
> etc...
>
> On 7 April 2015 at 14:47, kilon alios <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     do the first and second return strings ?
>
>     for the third one I will need more info.
>     is it an array of literals like
>
>     ^#( #python #database #pharo4 )
>
>     ?
>

>     On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Esteban Lorenzano
>
>         yes, they have to return certain values:
>
>         catalogDescription ^ A small paragraph describing your project.
>         catalogContactInfo ^ Contact information such as email, mailing
>         lists and website.
>         catalogKeywords ^ An array of keys to better index your project
>
>         :)
>
>         explanation could be better… but right now I cannot change it… I
>         will put it in my todo.
>
>         Esteban
>

>>         On 07 Apr 2015, at 14:13, kilon alios <[hidden email]
>>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         Esteban about how to add projects to catalog page. Could you
>>         add examples of those methods ? For example are they suppose
>>         to return values ? How should they be defined ?
>>
>>         I want to add info for my project Ephestos
>>
>>         On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Esteban Lorenzano
>>         <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>             http://catalog.pharo.org <http://catalog.pharo.org/>
>>             shows you all projects registered (not just on sthub)
>>
>>             http://smalltalkhub.com/list
>>             shows you a list of all public repositories in sthub (not
>>             always equivalent to a project)
>>
>>             and yes… this information is not very public right now :(
>>
>>             Esteban
>>

>>>             On 04 Apr 2015, at 18:58, stepharo <[hidden email]
>>>             <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Where can we find this information as a newbie?
>>>
>>>             Stef
>>>

> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

Offray
Thanks Cyril,

The class that contain the catalog methods must be named 'Catalog' or
something special?

Cheers,

Offray

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: How do I get the list of projects on SmalltalkHub?

Offray
Ohh Ok. I need to learn more metacello/monticello to make this, but
thanks for pointing it.

Cheers,

Offray