How do I reset the Seaside administrator password? (Pharo2, Seaside 3.0.10)

jb

How do I reset the Seaside administrator password? (Pharo2, Seaside 3.0.10)

jb

Hi,

I lost my administrator password in a Pharo2-Seaside 3.0 image. In the Seaside-FAQs I found:

(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'config')
preferenceAt: #login put: 'new id'.
(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'config')
preferenceAt: #password put: 'new password'.
Both expressions don’t work because enttyPoints is not understood. What works is

(WADispatcher default entryPointAt: 'config')
preferenceAt: #login put: 'new id'.
But If I try the same for password
(WADispatcher default entryPointAt: 'config')
preferenceAt: #password put: 'new id'.
I get the exception WAAttributeNotFound, i. e. #password is not found.

What can I do?

Johannes

Re: How do I reset the Seaside administrator password? (Pharo2, Seaside 3.0.10)

David Tibbe-2
Hi Johannes,

the preference is named #passwordHash. As the name indicates, the
password is stored in non-plaintext, so you have to use the following:

(WADispatcher default entryPointAt: 'config')
        preferenceAt: #passwordHash put: (GRPlatform current secureHashFor:
'new id').

In Seaside 3.1, #entryPointAt: will not work anymore, so you may use
#handlerAt: instead.

BR,
  David

jb

Re: How do I reset the Seaside administrator password? (Pharo2, Seaside 3.0.10)

jb
thanks a lot, David!

Johannes