How do you easily re-categorise methods in Calypso?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do you easily re-categorise methods in Calypso?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’m scratching my head over how to easily re-caegorise methods in calypso? I’ve overridden some methods in subclasses and picked up the wrong category (which the critic is slapping me for).

But when I click on the method - I can’t drag it to the new category, so if I click on the pencil in the status line (or the current category name - not sure why they are independently clickable?) - it shows me a rather unhelpful list of protocols. I’m not sure where this list comes from as it doesn’t seem to include any of the protocols that are already in the class? (and those which I want to use?). So I have to start typing “acces” and can click on accessing…

Am I missing a simple trick - or is this an area that needs some work?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How do you easily re-categorise methods in Calypso?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Tim.

It needs to be improved. 
I simply reused the choose dialog from add protocol command because the change protocol dialog was the part of Nautilus.

вт, 19 февр. 2019 г., 15:06 Tim Mackinnon [hidden email]:
Hi - I’m scratching my head over how to easily re-caegorise methods in calypso? I’ve overridden some methods in subclasses and picked up the wrong category (which the critic is slapping me for).

But when I click on the method - I can’t drag it to the new category, so if I click on the pencil in the status line (or the current category name - not sure why they are independently clickable?) - it shows me a rather unhelpful list of protocols. I’m not sure where this list comes from as it doesn’t seem to include any of the protocols that are already in the class? (and those which I want to use?). So I have to start typing “acces” and can click on accessing…

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How do you easily re-categorise methods in Calypso?

Tim Mackinnon
No problem Denis - I’m ready to dip a toe in on things like this. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something or stick in old habits.

Just tried a simple fix today and discovered it’s in the Calypso code - so need to get my fork sorted again.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Feb 2019, at 19:21, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim.

It needs to be improved. 
I simply reused the choose dialog from add protocol command because the change protocol dialog was the part of Nautilus.

вт, 19 февр. 2019 г., 15:06 Tim Mackinnon [hidden email]: