How do you merge branches using Iceberg?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do you merge branches using Iceberg?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Let's say I have xxx and then I created branch xxx-mariano. Every in a while, I want to merge latest xxx into my xxx-mariano. I haven't found a way to do this in Iceberg (I am using 0.6.2 on Pharo 6.1). I had to go to console, do the git merge there and then from Iceberg I had to "reload all packages". 

Is there a better way of doing this? 

Thanks,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How do you merge branches using Iceberg?

EstebanLM
is not very clear, but you can use the history window for that (yeah, it needs to be better, etc., etc.)

Esteban

On 12 Dec 2017, at 13:32, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Let's say I have xxx and then I created branch xxx-mariano. Every in a while, I want to merge latest xxx into my xxx-mariano. I haven't found a way to do this in Iceberg (I am using 0.6.2 on Pharo 6.1). I had to go to console, do the git merge there and then from Iceberg I had to "reload all packages". 

Thanks,

Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck
mmmmm ok. And let me ask (I don't have another example at hand now to test) ... with metacello integration enabled, would that ALSO reload the packages from git into my image? or it would only do the git-side of the merge ?

Thanks in advance, 

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
is not very clear, but you can use the history window for that (yeah, it needs to be better, etc., etc.)

Esteban

Thanks,

--
Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM

On 12 Dec 2017, at 14:03, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

mmmmm ok. And let me ask (I don't have another example at hand now to test) ... with metacello integration enabled, would that ALSO reload the packages from git into my image?

no

or it would only do the git-side of the merge ?

yes

Thanks in advance, 

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Esteban

Thanks,

--