How do you store and manage small programs?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do you store and manage small programs?

NorbertHartl
That most probably means there are no files in the directory. If you create one then you will see.

Norbert

> Am 02.12.2017 um 15:02 schrieb Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
> I tried this in a 6.1 image but I only get a normal inspector. What do I miss?
>
> Bernhard
>
>> Am 26.11.2017 um 13:36 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Andy,
>>
>> I use the filesystem for it. Let‘s say you have a directory called „scripts“. If you inspect
>>
>> ‘scripts‘ asFileReference
>>
>> you get kind of a browser of the files in there. If the have the file extension .st syntax highlighting is enabled if you look at it. You can create new scripts there,too.
>> I like that the most because the scripts are not in the image anymore and the probability to loose them is lower.
>>
>> I have a scripts folder in my home directory (global) and one in the project folder (project specific). And inspectors to bith location are opened by the script that prepares a new image.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>>> Am 25.11.2017 um 18:34 schrieb Andy Burnett <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I have just created a couple of small playground scripts that do some useful data wrangling. The chances are that I will reuse them from time to time, but with tweaks. Does version 6 Have some way to store them? I think I am after a sort of scripts catalogue.

bpi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do you store and manage small programs?

bpi
That was the problem. Thanks, Norbert!

Bernhard

> Am 02.12.2017 um 17:01 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>
> That most probably means there are no files in the directory. If you create one then you will see.
>
> Norbert
>
>> Am 02.12.2017 um 15:02 schrieb Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> I tried this in a 6.1 image but I only get a normal inspector. What do I miss?
>>
>> Bernhard
>>
>>> Am 26.11.2017 um 13:36 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Andy,
>>>
>>> I use the filesystem for it. Let‘s say you have a directory called „scripts“. If you inspect
>>>
>>> ‘scripts‘ asFileReference
>>>
>>> you get kind of a browser of the files in there. If the have the file extension .st syntax highlighting is enabled if you look at it. You can create new scripts there,too.
>>> I like that the most because the scripts are not in the image anymore and the probability to loose them is lower.
>>>
>>> I have a scripts folder in my home directory (global) and one in the project folder (project specific). And inspectors to bith location are opened by the script that prepares a new image.
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>>
>>>> Am 25.11.2017 um 18:34 schrieb Andy Burnett <[hidden email]>:
>>>>
>>>> I have just created a couple of small playground scripts that do some useful data wrangling. The chances are that I will reuse them from time to time, but with tweaks. Does version 6 Have some way to store them? I think I am after a sort of scripts catalogue.
>