How does one deploy a .dll ?

True Christian
Hi,

I found the Lagoon deployment system described for D.4 which helps deploy a
Smalltalk application as an .exe which is great but is there a way to make
an application work as a .dll?

BTW, it would be great if Ian's Newsgroup Archives could be made searchable!

Thanks,
Kirk Fraser

Re: How does one deploy a .dll ?

Sean Malloy-9
> BTW, it would be great if Ian's Newsgroup Archives could be made
> searchable!

groups.google.com

append group:comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin to the end of your query

Re: How does one deploy a .dll ?

Andy Bower-3
> I found the Lagoon deployment system described for D.4 which helps
> deploy a Smalltalk application as an .exe which is great but is there
> a way to make an application work as a .dll?

You can only deploy an in-process COM object as a DLL. You can't create
a DLL with just C/C++ style functions in it. I believe this sort of
thing is possible in Smalltalk MT though.

> BTW, it would be great if Ian's Newsgroup Archives could be made
> searchable!

You can either use Google or Ian Bartholomew's "News Browser" goodie
which has a search function. Also DSDN will search the image, wiki, and
newsgroup archives for stuff.

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: How does one deploy a .dll ?

Ian Bartholomew-19
Kirk,

> BTW, it would be great if Ian's Newsgroup Archives could be made
> searchable!

The idea is that you download the messages and then search them locally -
either using normal Windows tools,  my news browser or DSDN.  I haven't got
the resources, or knowledge, to make them searchable online.

If you've got an always on connection then it's probably just as easy to use
google, as Sean pointed out, but note that you won't see the first 3 1/2
years of messages (maybe more) on there.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: How does one deploy a .dll ?

Chris Uppal-3
Ian,

> If you've got an always on connection then it's probably just as easy to
> use google,

if Google ever get their newsgroups working properly again, anyway ;-)

Me, I like to keep the archive locally too (even though I do use Google too).
In fact this has reminded me that I'm a bit behind...

Thanks, once again, for the archive.

    -- chris