How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Bill Sun
PRSearchWidget works out-of-the-box, but not PRAjaxSearchWidget.  When I enter text into the search box, nothing happens.  After I press enter, nothing happens.  Is there any kind of set up I need to do?

I'm using:
Pier-all-lr.207
Scriptaculous-lr.201
Seaside2.8a1-lr.376

-Bill

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Lukas Renggli-2
> PRSearchWidget works out-of-the-box, but not PRAjaxSearchWidget.
> When I enter text into the search box, nothing happens.  After I
> press enter, nothing happens.  Is there any kind of set up I need
> to do?

You need to add SULibrary to the libraries in the Seaside application
configuration. Then it should work.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Bill Sun
Ah, OK, that sort of works, because something is still not right on my end.

I vaguely remember a discussion on this problem before, but I couldn't find it in the archives, so here goes.

It looks like something is wrong with the CSS.  When I type something in the search field, the CSS of the page changes.  There are seaside starfishes at the top left corner of every DIV block, the links changed to baby blue, the title of the page got pushed to the left of the navigation/action panels.  I can't see any search results, anywhere, although I know that with every key-press the page does some sort of AJAXy refresh because the side scroller would blink a little.

When I click on a link or just do a page refresh, the CSS returns to normal.

Any ideas?

-Bill

> PRSearchWidget works out-of-the-box, but not PRAjaxSearchWidget.
> When I enter text into the search box, nothing happens.  After I
> press enter, nothing happens.  Is there any kind of set up I need
> to do?

You need to add SULibrary to the libraries in the Seaside application
configuration. Then it should work.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Lukas Renggli-2
> Any ideas?

This is odd. What does FireBug say?

Lukas

> -Bill

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Bill Sun
Using FireBug, so far I've identified that the original CSS got override by "/seaside/files/WADispatcherFiles/main.css" only when using the AJAX search widget.  WADispatcherFiles is /not/ part of the libraries added into the Pier libraries configuration.

I'm not too familiar with FireBug and web programming, so I don't know which direction I should be heading,  is there any other information that you would like me to provide you with?

-Bill

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Lukas Renggli-2
> Using FireBug, so far I've identified that the original CSS got
> override by "/seaside/files/WADispatcherFiles/main.css" only when
> using the AJAX search widget.  WADispatcherFiles is /not/ part of
> the libraries added into the Pier libraries configuration.

WADispatcherFiles are only needed for the config application, that
shouldn't harm if you don't have them.

> I'm not too familiar with FireBug and web programming, so I don't
> know which direction I should be heading,  is there any other
> information that you would like me to provide you with?

Can you send a screenshot of FireFox with the application showing the
bug and FireBug opened. Further I need a screenshot of the Seaside
configuration interface.

Lukas

> -Bill

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Bill Sun
Here are the screenshots.

Thanks,
-Bill

> Using FireBug, so far I've identified that the original CSS got
> override by "/seaside/files/WADispatcherFiles/main.css" only when
> using the AJAX search widget.  WADispatcherFiles is /not/ part of
> the libraries added into the Pier libraries configuration.

WADispatcherFiles are only needed for the config application, that
shouldn't harm if you don't have them.

> I'm not too familiar with FireBug and web programming, so I don't
> know which direction I should be heading,  is there any other
> information that you would like me to provide you with?

Can you send a screenshot of FireFox with the application showing the
bug and FireBug opened. Further I need a screenshot of the Seaside
configuration interface.

Lukas

> -Bill

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

=?utf-8?q?AJAX-search-bug.JPG?= (112K) Download Attachment
=?utf-8?q?seaside-config.JPG?= (119K) Download Attachment

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Lukas Renggli-2
Bill sent me a private mail with the URL so I could have a look at
the site myself:

1. I removed WAStandardScripts and WAStandardStyles from the
configuration, they are deprecated (Philippe, we should mark that
accordingly in Seaside) and replaced by WAStandardFiles.

2. The actual cause of the problem is an obsolete class in your
model. Some time ago I renamed a class to fix a typo and what you see
in the web browser is a part of the resulting stack-trace. A few
weeks ago Martial Boniou kindly provided this script to fix the
issue. Have a look at the mailing list archive if you want to know
more about it.

| a f index |
#(#PRStriketroughFormat #PRStrikethroughFormat )
        pairsDo: [:badGroup :newGroup | PRDocumentGroup
                allSubInstancesDo: [:e |
                f := e children.
                index := 0.
                [(index := index + 1) <= f size]
                        whileTrue: [a := f at: index.
                        a class isOsbolete
                                ifTrue:
                        [('*' , badGroup asString match: a class asString)
                                ifTrue:
                                        [f at: index
                                        put; ((Smalltalk at: newGroup
ifAbsent: [PRParagraph]) new setChildren: a children copy)]]]]]

Evaluate this code within your image and I guess the AJAX search
should work again. Btw, you could also try the non-AJAX search to get
a more readable message.

HTH,
Lukas

On 21.06.2007, at 22:38, Bill Sun wrote:

> Here are the screenshots.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Bill Sun
Thanks, Lukas and Martial!  That did the trick!

For what it's worth, here's the script without the typos, so that others can just copy, paste, and do-it:

| a f index |
#(#PRStriketroughFormat #PRStrikethroughFormat )
    pairsDo: [:badGroup :newGroup | PRDocumentGroup
        allSubInstancesDo: [:e |
        f := e children.
        index := 0.
        [(index := index + 1) <= f size]
            whileTrue: [a := f at: index.
            a class isObsolete
                ifTrue:
            [('*' , badGroup asString match: a class asString)
                ifTrue:
                    [f at: index
                    put: ((Smalltalk at: newGroup
ifAbsent: [PRParagraph]) new setChildren: a children copy)]]]]]

-Bill

Re: How does one use PRAjaxSearchWidget?

Philippe Marschall
2007/6/21, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> Bill sent me a private mail with the URL so I could have a look at
> the site myself:
>
> 1. I removed WAStandardScripts and WAStandardStyles from the
> configuration, they are deprecated (Philippe, we should mark that
> accordingly in Seaside) and replaced by WAStandardFiles.

I did that some time ago. Look at the class comments and the #new on
the class side.

Philippe

> 2. The actual cause of the problem is an obsolete class in your
> model. Some time ago I renamed a class to fix a typo and what you see
> in the web browser is a part of the resulting stack-trace. A few
> weeks ago Martial Boniou kindly provided this script to fix the
> issue. Have a look at the mailing list archive if you want to know
> more about it.
>
> | a f index |
> #(#PRStriketroughFormat #PRStrikethroughFormat )
>         pairsDo: [:badGroup :newGroup | PRDocumentGroup
>                 allSubInstancesDo: [:e |
>                 f := e children.
>                 index := 0.
>                 [(index := index + 1) <= f size]
>                         whileTrue: [a := f at: index.
>                         a class isOsbolete
>                                 ifTrue:
>                         [('*' , badGroup asString match: a class asString)
>                                 ifTrue:
>                                         [f at: index
>                                         put; ((Smalltalk at: newGroup
> ifAbsent: [PRParagraph]) new setChildren: a children copy)]]]]]
>
> Evaluate this code within your image and I guess the AJAX search
> should work again. Btw, you could also try the non-AJAX search to get
> a more readable message.
>
> HTH,
> Lukas
>
> On 21.06.2007, at 22:38, Bill Sun wrote:
>
> > Here are the screenshots.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Bill

Martial Boniou

I forgot to mention this when I did this script. You should do this too:

PRDocumentParser initialize.

It's useful to rebuild this line/textMatcher else you still got the
obsolete class association ('--'->PRStriketroughFormat) in the
PRWikiWriter.

As I added my own PRFormat subclasses, I did this too:

PRDocumentItem allSubclassesDo: [:item | item initialize].

using the method:

MyPersonalFormat class>>initialize
        PRDocumentParser textMatcher at: self markup put: self

as it's explained in the Lukas' blog about the PRFormat extension:

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/extendingpierparser?command=PRViewCommand&view=PBPostHtmlView&_k=AUAjSDSN&_n&_s=RvIfeawmgZiSFuuL&7

Regards,

--
Martial