How much abuse can Teapot take?

sergio_101

I am currently planning a mobile (iOS) app that will rely on a REST server for handling offline tasks (sending emails, processing reports, etc).

I would LOVE to use Pharo/Teapot for this, but I want to make sure that this configuration would be up to the task. I can’t really guess how much traffic it will be getting, so i supposed the question i am asking is: is there a number of requests per second limit that this configuration can handle?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.Village-Buzz.com
http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: How much abuse can Teapot take?

Attila Magyar
Since Teapot is just a pretty thin layer on top of the ZnServer, I'd guess it can roughly take the same amount. The route finding algorithm is a simple linear one (like most of the other micro webframeworks use), but it shouldn't be a problem unless you have an enormous amount of urls. But I recommend to do some measurements.

Re: How much abuse can Teapot take?

S Krish

Looked robust enough in my internal experiments..  I tweaked the Teapot further for easy implementation too..

Used it in my prototype with Angular JS thin framework.. works good.

the limits seemed to be more dependent on the Pharo image limits nothing to do with Teapot per se. Scale it with multiple images behind a load balancer ( Apache / ... )