How to Find and Install FlashPlayerMorph

How to Find and Install FlashPlayerMorph

Joseph D. Kulisics
I'm using the Squeak4.2-10966 image with the Squeak 4.4.7.2357 VM and the V41 sources file. I cannot find a FlashPlayerMorph on the system, and I cannot find any online repository with a package. Does anyone know how to find and install the appropriate package? Thanks.

In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without a passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers.

        Moby Dick, Herman Melville

HOME PAGE URL:  http://www.overthetransom.net/kulisics/
Joseph D. Kulisics
Јосиф Кулишић

Re: How to Find and Install FlashPlayerMorph

Bert Freudenberg
On 12.11.2011, at 07:21, Joseph D. Kulisics wrote:

> I'm using the Squeak4.2-10966 image with the Squeak 4.4.7.2357 VM and the V41 sources file. I cannot find a FlashPlayerMorph on the system, and I cannot find any online repository with a package. Does anyone know how to find and install the appropriate package? Thanks.

1. go to http://source.squeak.org/
2. click "Projects"
3. type "Flash" in the search box

Possibly the 3.9 version will still work in 4.2.

Or try the version in Etoys. You can download Etoys from

        http://squeakland.org/

- Bert -

Re: How to Find and Install FlashPlayerMorph

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Joseph D. Kulisics wrote
FlashPlayerMorph... Does anyone know how to find and install the appropriate package?
My understanding is that Flash support stopped being maintained quite a while ago (you can search the list for reasons) and that whatever you find will not play contemporary flash files. You can search the list for the QuickTime stuff I ported from Sophie if that helps. IIRC I played flash files in 4.2.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean