How to Generate MSExcell Active X wrappers - I get a Walkback?

1 message Options

How to Generate MSExcell Active X wrappers - I get a Walkback?

Tim M
Hi guys - I've not tried using the ActiveX component wizard before, and someone
told me this was one of the most fun parts of Dolphin...

However I get stuck when I try to generate the "stuff" (not sure what you
call the stuff you generate) for MS Excell 11.0?

I launch the wizard, browse for the Excell component (which appears along
with Excel 5.0) - use the defaults and Get an empty list box (it took me
a while to figure out this is a refresh bug - either resizing the dialog
or going back and then next gets it to redraw properly).

I am then presented with a list of Functions, all selected - so I click Generated,
and after a few seconds I get a walkback (below). If I terminate I still
have a generating dialog which doesn't seem to end so I press Cancel.

What am I doing wrong (or do I not need all of those functions?) I have noticed
that I do get an Excel application with some classes in it but they seem
empty apart from Excel_Application which has a private class method in it
(so I don't think its completed doing its stuff).

I'm using Windows XPsp2 and Dolphin 6.0p2 professional.

Tim

7:16:11 pm, 29 June 2006: 'HRESULT Error: Error loading type library/DLL.
(FACILITY_DISPATCH)'
ITypeInfo(COMInterface)>>hresultError:
ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>invalidCall
ITypeInfo>>GetRefTypeInfo:ppTInfo:
ITypeInfo>>getRefTypeInfo:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>getRefType:
TYPEDESC>>getRefType
TYPEDESC>>buildClassDesc
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>buildClassDesc
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>buildClassDesc
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>typeName
ELEMDESC>>typeName
[] in AXMemberDesc>>argumentTypeNames
[] in SequenceableCollection>>collect:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>uncheckedFrom:to:keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
FUNCDESC(AXMemberDesc)>>argumentTypeNames
[] in TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateDefineFunctions
[] in Collection>>do:separatedBy:
Array(ArrayedCollection)>>do:
Array(Collection)>>do:separatedBy:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateDefineFunctions
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateClassInitialize
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXInterfaceTypeAnalyzer)>>generateClassSide:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>generateWrapper
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>basicGenerate
[] in TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>generate
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>onDo:
BlockClosure>>on:do:on:do:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>generate
[] in Active-X Component Wizard>>generate
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>uncheckedFrom:to:keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
[] in Active-X Component Wizard>>generate
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in Active-X Component Wizard>>generate
[] in ProgressDialog>>forkOperation