How to add packages to SqueakMap

강진오
I tried to upload package to SqueakMap, but I couldn't find my package.
I uploaded the package though both map.squeak.org and Universe Editor.
The editor accepted my package, but I couldn't upload a release to my map.squeak.org.
and I couldn't see the packages in SqueakMap Catalog.
What happend?
My map.squeak.org id is KJO. and the description of the package is:

LightXmlRpc

Owner: Kang Jin-oh (KJO)
Co-maintainers: <None>
Categories:
  • Squeak - The official distribution of Squeak.
  • Non official package - Just a package for Squeak, no community guarantees. :)
  • Squeak4.3 - To be released
  • Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
  • Squeak3.10 - Released 11 May 2008
  • SqueakL + MIT - Dual licensed under both SqueakL and MIT. This enables both base Squeak inclusion and 100% reuse. Recommended prior to 4.0.
  • Squeak versions - List of official Squeak versions to indicate compatibility.
  • Squeak4.1 - Released 18th april 2010.
  • Stable - Useable by all. Bugs are rare.
  • Squeak4.0 - Released 15 Mar 2010
  • Squeak4.2 - Released February 11th, 2011
  • MIT - The MIT license is like BSD without the advertising clause. As free as it gets, suitable for cross Smalltalk 100% reuse. The recommended license for Squeak since the 4.0 release.

Homepage:
PackageInfo name: LightXmlRpcClient
RSS feed:

An light and simple xml rpc client that supports XML-RPC.
This package only supports for client, but may support server later.
Supports SSL if you install Cryptography package and SSL package.

Note:
This is made by one people, and does not support official community. so try it by yourself.

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

glenpaling
강진오, SqueakMap is only a catalog of packages, you can't upload your packages to it. SqueakMap only points to packages stored elsewhere. If you upload your package to a repository like squeaksource, you can link to it in SqueakMap. See the swiki entry: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2726, also: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779

Glen

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

Chris Muller-3
You got the LightXmlRpc package created on SqueakMap ok.  Now you just
need to create a new Release.

This documentation for how to do this is up-to-date:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM, 강진오 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to upload package to SqueakMap, but I couldn't find my package.
> I uploaded the package though both map.squeak.org and Universe Editor.
> The editor accepted my package, but I couldn't upload a release to my
> map.squeak.org.
> and I couldn't see the packages in SqueakMap Catalog.
> What happend?
> My map.squeak.org id is KJO. and the description of the package is:
>

> LightXmlRpc

> Author: Kang Jin-oh
> Owner: Kang Jin-oh (KJO)
> Co-maintainers: <None>
> Categories:
>
> Squeak - The official distribution of Squeak.
> Non official package - Just a package for Squeak, no community guarantees.
> :)
> Squeak4.3 - To be released
> Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
> Squeak3.10 - Released 11 May 2008
> SqueakL + MIT - Dual licensed under both SqueakL and MIT. This enables both
> base Squeak inclusion and 100% reuse. Recommended prior to 4.0.
> Squeak versions - List of official Squeak versions to indicate
> compatibility.
> Squeak4.1 - Released 18th april 2010.
> Stable - Useable by all. Bugs are rare.
> Squeak4.0 - Released 15 Mar 2010
> Squeak4.2 - Released February 11th, 2011
> MIT - The MIT license is like BSD without the advertising clause. As free as
> it gets, suitable for cross Smalltalk 100% reuse. The recommended license
> for Squeak since the 4.0 release.
>

> Homepage:
> PackageInfo name: LightXmlRpcClient
> RSS feed:

> An light and simple xml rpc client that supports XML-RPC.
> This package only supports for client, but may support server later.
> Supports SSL if you install Cryptography package and SSL package.
>
> Note:
> This is made by one people, and does not support official community. so try
> it by yourself.

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

Göran Krampe
On 02/23/2012 03:26 PM, glenpaling wrote:
> 강진오, SqueakMap is only a /catalog/ of packages, you can't upload your
> packages to it. SqueakMap only points to packages stored elsewhere. If you
> upload your package to a repository like squeaksource, you can link to it in
> SqueakMap.

It is generally true but SqueakMap actually *also* have a little upload
feature so you *can* host files on SM.

regards, Göran