How to baseline new D6 in STS?

TimM-3
If I install the new D6 download (from the previous pre-release copy), but
want to preserve the work I already
have in STS - I assume that I attach to the same repository with the new
image.

However when I first did this with the old version, it asked me if I wanted
to baseline the OA code in the image (reccomended it said).

I notice that often if I put breakpoints in system methods or try stuff
out - when I browse editions, the first edition appears to be labeled with
owner Object Arts (which is great). Presumably becuase of this thing it did
when setting up a new repository.

How can I get it to redo this process when I attach an updated image to STS?
(Or even when the new patch comes out)
Is there some script I can run?

If I don't do this it seems risky, as any updated methods won't appear as
edition, and I might revert back to older beta methods?

Tim

Re: How to baseline new D6 in STS?

David Gorisek-5
Currently there is way to do this, other than extracting the script from
the method StsManager>>#install

In the future there might be some more advance solution for this where
STS will create a new project version for each release.

Best regards,

David Gorisek

TimM wrote:

> If I install the new D6 download (from the previous pre-release copy), but
> want to preserve the work I already
> have in STS - I assume that I attach to the same repository with the new
> image.
>
> However when I first did this with the old version, it asked me if I wanted
> to baseline the OA code in the image (reccomended it said).
>
> I notice that often if I put breakpoints in system methods or try stuff
> out - when I browse editions, the first edition appears to be labeled with
> owner Object Arts (which is great). Presumably becuase of this thing it did
> when setting up a new repository.
>
> How can I get it to redo this process when I attach an updated image to STS?
> (Or even when the new patch comes out)
> Is there some script I can run?
>
> If I don't do this it seems risky, as any updated methods won't appear as
> edition, and I might revert back to older beta methods?
>
> Tim

Re: How to baseline new D6 in STS?

TimM-3
"David Gorisek" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:43889b34$[hidden email]...
> Currently there is way to do this, other than extracting the script from
> the method StsManager>>#install

That gives me the starting point that I need - at first glance it seems
pretty straightforward.

Gentle nudge though, its a large method that has lots of opportunities for
refactoring. E.g. its very tempting to refactor the piece that does what I
want into a separate method that can be called...

Tim

Re: How to baseline new D6 in STS?

TimM-3
In case this is useful to someone else - here's a filein that accomplishes
this (David - maybe you could refactor out something similar in your code).

NOTE: Do this is a clean image!!!! - I have modified the orginal code so
that everything is considered to be provided by OA, apart from STS/Omnibase
stuff and Refactoring Browser stuff - maybe there's an easier way to
determine true authors - but the orginal script left out lots of things that
OA provided and labeled them with my username which I found worse.

On file-in the trascript tells you what to do.

Tim

"David Gorisek" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:43889b34$[hidden email]...

> Currently there is way to do this, other than extracting the script from
> the method StsManager>>#install
>
> In the future there might be some more advance solution for this where
> STS will create a new project version for each release.
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Gorisek
>

> TimM wrote:
>> If I install the new D6 download (from the previous pre-release copy),
>> but
>> want to preserve the work I already
>> have in STS - I assume that I attach to the same repository with the new
>> image.
>>
>> However when I first did this with the old version, it asked me if I
>> wanted
>> to baseline the OA code in the image (reccomended it said).
>>
>> I notice that often if I put breakpoints in system methods or try stuff
>> out - when I browse editions, the first edition appears to be labeled
>> with
>> owner Object Arts (which is great). Presumably becuase of this thing it
>> did
>> when setting up a new repository.
>>
>> How can I get it to redo this process when I attach an updated image to
>> STS?
>> (Or even when the new patch comes out)
>> Is there some script I can run?
>>
>> If I don't do this it seems risky, as any updated methods won't appear as
>> edition, and I might revert back to older beta methods?
>>
>> Tim

begin 666 StsManager Baseline.st
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`
end