How to break out of an infinite loop?

TimM-3
I was messing around implementing InfiniteReadStream (an infinite stream on
a single value) - I mess up and set #atEnd to false without fixing one of
the inherited methods that uses it (#upToEnd or something like that).

anyway - one of my tests just kept running... I waited hoping for a Stack
exception but no luck after a few minutes.

Is there any secret way to break into the debugger in Dolphin? Old version
of Envy Smalltalk use to have a "Break" button that floated in the corner,
and then I think they changed to trapping ctrl-break. ?

Tim

p.s. It wasn't a total disaster - had save my image an hour before and Ians
chunk browser easily got me the other few methods.

Re: How to break out of an infinite loop?

Ian Bartholomew-20
Tim,

> Is there any secret way to break into the debugger in Dolphin? Old version
> of Envy Smalltalk use to have a "Break" button that floated in the corner,
> and then I think they changed to trapping ctrl-break. ?

In most cases Ctrl-Break works in Dolphin.  It may take a few seconds
for it to be recognised, the VM only checks at certain times (message
sends?), and may not be recognised at all in certain situations (call
outs and very tight loops that "bypass" the normal message sending).

Ian