classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to build GNU Smalltalk 3.2.91

mbratch

Hello

Previously when I pulled 3.2.91 (a couple of years ago), it was a fairly standard source tree with a ./configure, etc.

The latest one seems to start with configure.ac. I could not find any instructions for building GNU smalltalk in this source tree. I did some digging and found some information about generating configure from the files. I applied that process, but then got a build error from make pretty quickly. I suspect the process of preparing the configure may not have been correct.

Are there instructions for the build/install process starting from the 3.2.91 source tree? I’m sure this is probably a standard formula that I am just not aware of.

Thank you!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to build GNU Smalltalk 3.2.91

Holger Freyther

> On 27. Jan 2021, at 07:43, Mark Bratcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>  
> Previously when I pulled 3.2.91 (a couple of years ago), it was a fairly standard source tree with a ./configure, etc.

autoreconf --install --force will create the configure script.

>  
> The latest one seems to start with configure.ac. I could not find any instructions for building GNU smalltalk in this source tree. I did some digging and found some information about generating configure from the files. I applied that process, but then got a build error from make pretty quickly. I suspect the process of preparing the configure may not have been correct.
>  
> Are there instructions for the build/install process starting from the 3.2.91 source tree? I’m sure this is probably a standard formula that I am just not aware of.
>  
> Thank you!
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10