How to change background color

Gisela Decuzzi
Hi, I'm getting some problems trying to change the default colors for the widgets.
I need to replace the gray color for a blue (yes, quite horrible, long history).
I'm using Spec and didn't find how to do this, and after trying I end up hacking in morph.

Is there a way to do this? Or someone can show me a starting point?

Re: How to change background color

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
A good pointer would be to add support for color on AbstractWidget and change a bit the way MorphicAdapters are built to take this color in account

Ben

On 11 Nov 2013, at 21:42, Gisela Decuzzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I'm getting some problems trying to change the default colors for the widgets.
I need to replace the gray color for a blue (yes, quite horrible, long history).
I'm using Spec and didn't find how to do this, and after trying I end up hacking in morph.

Is there a way to do this? Or someone can show me a starting point?

Re: How to change background color

nacho
Gisela,
I've been trying to do that, and also changing the alignment of the text with no success.
saludos
nacho

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Gisela Decuzzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I'm getting some problems trying to change the default colors for the widgets.
I need to replace the gray color for a blue (yes, quite horrible, long history).
I'm using Spec and didn't find how to do this, and after trying I end up hacking in morph.

Is there a way to do this? Or someone can show me a starting point?

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: How to change background color

Sergi Reyner
2013/11/11 Benjamin <[hidden email]>
A good pointer would be to add support for color on AbstractWidget and change a bit the way MorphicAdapters are built to take this color in account

Hmmm... I may or may not give it a try tonight/tomorrow morning :)

Cheers,
Sergi

Re: How to change background color

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Cool :)

Keep me in touch then :)
I am visiting a customer this week, so I do not have all the time I would to test it, but I will give a try as soon as I can :)

Ben

Sergi

Re: How to change background color

Sergi Reyner
Ben,

could you elaborate a bit on:

add support for color on AbstractWidget
change a bit the way MorphicAdapters are built to take this color in account

I havenĀ“t quite figured out yet how do all the pieces fit together. It may be due to lack of caffeine though :)

I have noticed that color sort of works... for example, you can inspect a SpecWindow, send it (self color: Color red) and the window will indeed change color, but as soon as you click on it it goes back to the default grey.

Cheers,
Sergi