classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to clear Archival code

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I accidentally generated Archival code for an application and not I'm having trouble packaging it.  The list of problems leads me to think the Archival code is the cause of the problems.  Where is the Archival code stored and how can I get rid of it.  Any and all ideas are welcome.

Lou

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/e9e6758c-69d1-48a6-935c-4575af3c0f11%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to clear Archival code

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Typically, you have chosen a second application in which to record the archival code. You can choose to put it in the same application as the GUI in question.
Browse the class side of the GUI class (or part class or whichever class you generated archival code for).

I don't have an example handy, so I can only vaguely tell you what to look for. You will see methods (most of them private methods) with "part builder" names, as well as "calculate" or "generate" (although I think it's really "calculate"). The method categories may help you identify them all, but I don't remember.

Checking for the differences between the version which first includes the archival code and the one which doesn't would also be an effective way to identify what is the generated code.

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 9:55:49 AM UTC-7, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
Hi All,

I accidentally generated Archival code for an application and not I'm having trouble packaging it.  The list of problems leads me to think the Archival code is the cause of the problems.  Where is the Archival code stored and how can I get rid of it.  Any and all ideas are welcome.

Lou

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/50d0c90c-21ef-4751-a9f6-17712819b818%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to clear Archival code

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help.  I wasn't able to find the archival code but while looking for it I discovered that a prerequisite for an edit app (not one of mine) was added, probably by doing the archival.  Removing it solved my packaging problem.

Lou

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 5:53:23 PM UTC-4, Richard Sargent wrote:
Typically, you have chosen a second application in which to record the archival code. You can choose to put it in the same application as the GUI in question.
Browse the class side of the GUI class (or part class or whichever class you generated archival code for).

I don't have an example handy, so I can only vaguely tell you what to look for. You will see methods (most of them private methods) with "part builder" names, as well as "calculate" or "generate" (although I think it's really "calculate"). The method categories may help you identify them all, but I don't remember.

Checking for the differences between the version which first includes the archival code and the one which doesn't would also be an effective way to identify what is the generated code.

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 9:55:49 AM UTC-7, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
Hi All,

Lou

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/e0d85e06-e9e9-4835-a6c6-f3b46d4601f6%40googlegroups.com.