How to configure an Aida site behind Apache?

How to configure an Aida site behind Apache?

Nicolas Petton
Hi all,

I have a Swazoo server running 3 aida sites. I need to use Apache,
because obviously Swazoo doesn't have Reserve Proxy feature yet.

So, I have an Apache 2 server, with a vhost configured to redirect
localhost:8000, where one of my aida sites runs:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName nico.bioskop.fr
        RewriteEngine on
        ProxyRequests off
        ProxyPreserveHost off
        DocumentRoot /var/www/
        ProxyPass / http://localhost:8000/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8000
</VirtualHost>

It works, but it looks like Swazoo doesn't close connections. So, after
a while, I have thousands of Socket>>waitDataIfClosed running.

If a run my site directly with Swazoo, without Apache, there is no
problem, when I close the browser, the connexion is immediately closed.

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: How to configure an Aida site behind Apache?

Nicholas Moore
Nicolas,
I also have some sites sitting behind Apache2, but do not have the same problem. I use VW with the following vhosts entry. I do not know if the issue lies in the vhost configuration or in the difference between Squeak and VW.

<VirtualHost *:80>
 DocumentRoot /srv/www/
 ServerName www.chateauvillettes.org
    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost Off
    ProxyPass / http://clv.local:8001/
    ProxyHTMLURLMap http://clv.local:8001/ /
    <Location />
       ProxyPassReverse /
       ProxyHTMLURLMap / /
       RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps,
Nicholas

Nicolas Petton wrote:
[...]

NJM TSR-i

Nicholas J Moore
Limoges

Re: How to configure an Aida site behind Apache?

Nicolas Petton
Thank you Nicholas,

I reinstalled Swazoo on my Image, and everything works fine now. I
really don't know what happened.

Cheers,

Nicolas