How to contribute back to a gsDevKit shared project [start of a FAQ]

How to contribute back to a gsDevKit shared project [start of a FAQ]

GLASS mailing list
Dale,

During Smalltalks, Dale showed me the required steps so that I could contribute back to tODE. Today I wanted to do the same with RB, which gets loaded too by tODE. So this time I documented the steps mostly for myself, but maybe they could work as a base for a FAQ entry.

Steps:

1) I assume I have already al gsDevKit_home projects already clone to local machine. If not true, then you must use:

$GS_HOME/bin/utils/cloneSharedTodeProjects both

2) Go to github and fork RB.

3) From OS shell:

cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos/rb
git remote add rbMariano [hidden email]:marianopeck/rb.git
git branch marianodev
git checkout marianodev
git pull origin dev  # in this case this is particularly because I wanted dev branch

4) From tODE shell

edit /sys/stone/projects/RB    #Here add  gitCheckout: 'marianodev';  gitRemoteName: 'rbMariano';
project load RB

5) From tODE, do my changes in RB and commit to filetree repo

7) From OS shell:

git commit -a -m "Fix to xxxx"
git push rbMariano marianodev

8) Got to your fork in github and make a Pull Request.

9) Once the issue is integrated, do again a "edit /sys/stone/projects/RB " to put back "origin/master"

Does this look correct?

Re: How to contribute back to a gsDevKit shared project [start of a FAQ]

GLASS mailing list
That looks correct Mariano, thanks a lot!

 And this should be part of a FAQ, so I've opened an issue[1].

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/39