How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

we have practically two solutions to cook a troll:
        - either I remove his email address from the list (2 min)
        a bit rude and unfriendly but this is a troll after all ;)

        - or we all create a nice rule: as Read

I suggest you all to do 2 and keep you good energy for helping and not
arguing endless with Mr Potatoe Process.

Did you count the amount of time we all spent already on that?

Have fun.

Stef (I have my rule and I do not read such mail anymore).

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?

Guido Stepken

Am 21.02.2012 07:45 schrieb "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi guys
>
> we have practically two solutions to cook a troll:
>        - either I remove his email address from the list (2 min)
>        a bit rude and unfriendly but this is a troll after all ;)
>
>        - or we all create a nice rule: as Read
>
> I suggest you all to do 2 and keep you good energy for helping and not
> arguing endless with Mr Potatoe Process.
>
> Did you count the amount of time we all spent already on that?
>
> Have fun.
>
> Stef (I have my rule and I do not read such mail anymore).

This won't solve Pharo's serious problems, neither from usability point of view, nor from stability point of view, nor from marketing point of view.

Ask professionals, usability tester for help, if you are not able to see Pharos problems. Even the "1-klick Image" is not such one. See EToys installer, works fine under Windows, Ubuntu Linux even with packet manager.

Stability - where? Stress testing - does not happen, you take users, developers as testers, a absolute no-go!

Usability ... Gofer ... Pharo claims to be a RAD tool and users still have a shell???

Squeak had hundred of nice "apps" to play with, makes it interesting, pupils/students being inspired. Pharo - everything removed. Matured, but uninteresting now.

You are driven by wishes, how Pharo should be, not by seeing reality.

tnx 4 understanding,

Guido Stepken

(Aka the troll)

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?

Noury Bouraqadi-2

On 21 févr. 2012, at 07:44, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> we have practically two solutions to cook a troll:
> - either I remove his email address from the list (2 min)
> a bit rude and unfriendly but this is a troll after all ;)

+1 Everybody is fed up with spams.

Noury

--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?

Jimmie Houchin-5
On 2/21/2012 2:37 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> On 21 févr. 2012, at 07:44, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> we have practically two solutions to cook a troll:
>> - either I remove his email address from the list (2 min)
>> a bit rude and unfriendly but this is a troll after all ;)
>>
> +1 Everybody is fed up with spams.
>
> Noury

Unfortunately, this may not solve the problem unless we play the game of
"Whack a Troll". We would have to delete his email address every time he
creates a new one.

I think ultimately we as a community need to simply learn not to feed
the trolls. When they are trolling, ignore them. If he actually provides
something usefully such as a bug report with reproducible actions, or a
patch, an appropriate approved actionable suggestion. Then we can treat
those emails with the respect due such emails.

But if he simply continues to Parrot the same old thing. Plonk!  Ignore.

Or as Stef said,
 >> - or we all create a nice rule: as Read
 >>
 >> I suggest you all to do 2 and keep you good energy for helping and
 >> not arguing endless with Mr Potato Process.

Jimmie

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?

S Krish
I would say be Zen like as Noury puts it . . Who knows in the next one year you can see such likes as biggest votaries of Pharo, for I am sure it will achieve a lot more than he expects today to see.

Nicer if eventually the energy now shown, gets channelized strongly for Pharo eventually, I am sure will as tide of time turns.

Time is a great leveller for all prophecies..