How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
So removing 'System-Object Storage' didn't work. I did:

ScriptLoader new deletePackageNamed: 'System-Object Storage'.

Now the MCWorkingCopy is removed (I don't see the package in Monticello Browser), but I can still browse the class DataStream, and the package is available from Nautilus.

Now if I do:

RPackageOrganizer  default unregisterPackageNamed: #'System-Object Storage'

I don't see the package in Nautilus, but the class "DataStream" is still alive. I can do "DataStream name -> #DataStream" ..et...when I browse it with Nautilus I don't see the class but the category _UnpackagedPackage..

so...how the hell can I remove this package and class from everywhere in the system?

thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
well, I don't know what the hell happened, but a workaround I think it is

DataStream removeFromSystem.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fernando olivero-2
Seems that removing a package does not imply removing the included
classes?Maybe this should be changed?

With RPackage is understandable, since its just a layer on top of the
system.You have to explicitly register/deregister packages.

Fernando

cbc

Re: How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

cbc
In Monitcello days (and browser), there is Delete working package, and
Unload package.  I suspect deletePackageNamed: is all about removing
the idea of the package, but not the code (as you found) - just making
the code part of the image and not a package.  You want something like
unloadPackage: or #unloadPackage to remove the code (and package) from
the system.  Assuming that is still there, that is (I don't have a
version 2.0 yet).

Wouldn't your drive to package everything make you want to guard
against the deletePackageNamed: behaviour?  Only delete it if there is
no code associated to the package, otherwise complain somehow.

-Chris