How to create a stream over my own block reader

1 message Options

How to create a stream over my own block reader

Thomas Gagné-2
I want to create a stream for reading a single message spread across
multiple stomp messages.  So while the user may be call next or nextLine
on a stream, under the covers I want to be filling the buffer with
message from stomp reads.

I was looking at IOAccessors and BufferedExternalStream but nothing was
really jumping out at me and saying:

"Subclass me, and all you need to do is override the methods #this,
#that, and #theOtherThing."

Is there a piece of documentation on this subject I'm missing?

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/>,<http://gagne.homedns.org/> or
      <http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/> for more great reading.