How to define the duration of my sessions

How to define the duration of my sessions

Sabine Manaa
Hi,

how can I define the duration of my sessions?

>>application cache expiryPolicy configuration at: #cacheTimeout put: 120.
does not work any longer (no implementor of #expiryPolicy)

In the comment of  WASession there is the text "If the session has not been used for #defaultTimeoutSeconds, it is garbage collected by the system. " but there is no implementor of #defaultTimeoutSeconds.

And 2nd question, is it possible to define a certain task to do from my session instance if the session is unregistered because of duration? (e.g. write sth in a log file)

(From the class comment also: WARegistry clearAllHandlers. does not exist any more)

Regards
Sabine

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Sabine,

The caching mechanism changed in Seaside 3.2 (this change was not so well documented).
You can configure as follows: ).

        app configuration at: #maximumAbsoluteAge put: 300

See WACacheConfiguration and the Seaside config page of the app for more info on available parameters.

Seaside invokes #unregistered on a session instance when the session is closed.
Override it with your implementation and it should work fine.

Let me know if you have any issues.

cheers,
Johan

> On 20 Jan 2017, at 10:31, Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> how can I define the duration of my sessions?
>
>>> application cache expiryPolicy configuration at: #cacheTimeout put: 120.
> does not work any longer (no implementor of #expiryPolicy)
>
> In the comment of  WASession there is the text "If the session has not been
> used for #defaultTimeoutSeconds, it is garbage collected by the system. "
> but there is no implementor of #defaultTimeoutSeconds.
>
> And 2nd question, is it possible to define a certain task to do from my
> session instance if the session is unregistered because of duration? (e.g.
> write sth in a log file)
>
> (From the class comment also: WARegistry clearAllHandlers. does not exist
> any more)
>
> Regards
> Sabine

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Petr Fischer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41173162/how-to-configure-seaside-3-2-session-timeouts-age

> Hi,
>
> how can I define the duration of my sessions?
>
> >>application cache expiryPolicy configuration at: #cacheTimeout put: 120.
> does not work any longer (no implementor of #expiryPolicy)
>
> In the comment of  WASession there is the text "If the session has not been
> used for #defaultTimeoutSeconds, it is garbage collected by the system. "
> but there is no implementor of #defaultTimeoutSeconds.
>
> And 2nd question, is it possible to define a certain task to do from my
> session instance if the session is unregistered because of duration? (e.g.
> write sth in a log file)
>
> (From the class comment also: WARegistry clearAllHandlers. does not exist
> any more)
>
> Regards
> Sabine

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Sabine Manaa
Hi Johan, hi Petr,

thank you! I did not succeed today with Johans code and thought that I will continue tomorrow.
With the hint of Petr (and Nicolai), it works now.

I do something like:

theApplication := WAAdmin register: RKALayoutView asApplicationAt: theApplicationName.
theApplication cache: theApplication createCache

Regards,
sabine

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41173162/how-to-configure-seaside-3-2-session-timeouts-age

> Hi,
>
> how can I define the duration of my sessions?
>
> >>application cache expiryPolicy configuration at: #cacheTimeout put: 120.
> does not work any longer (no implementor of #expiryPolicy)
>
> In the comment of  WASession there is the text "If the session has not been
> used for #defaultTimeoutSeconds, it is garbage collected by the system. "
> but there is no implementor of #defaultTimeoutSeconds.
>
> And 2nd question, is it possible to define a certain task to do from my
> session instance if the session is unregistered because of duration? (e.g.
> write sth in a log file)
>
> (From the class comment also: WARegistry clearAllHandlers. does not exist
> any more)
>
> Regards
> Sabine

http://forum.world.st/How-to-define-the-duration-of-my-sessions-tp4930014p4930111.html
To start a new topic under Seaside General, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Seaside, click here.
NAML

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Sabine Manaa
Hi Johan,

my 2nd question was how to do something when the session is terminated.

I am wondering that when trying your suggestion with >>unregistered, it is called not when the session expires but more early.

I found this:

I will look closer tomorrow, but perhaps you can confirm that it is not >> unregistered

Or do I understand it wrong?

Regards
Sabine

Hi Johan, hi Petr,

thank you! I did not succeed today with Johans code and thought that I will continue tomorrow.
With the hint of Petr (and Nicolai), it works now.

I do something like:

theApplication := WAAdmin register: RKALayoutView asApplicationAt: theApplicationName.
theApplication cache: theApplication createCache

Regards,
sabine

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41173162/how-to-configure-seaside-3-2-session-timeouts-age

> Hi,
>
> how can I define the duration of my sessions?
>
> >>application cache expiryPolicy configuration at: #cacheTimeout put: 120.
> does not work any longer (no implementor of #expiryPolicy)
>
> In the comment of  WASession there is the text "If the session has not been
> used for #defaultTimeoutSeconds, it is garbage collected by the system. "
> but there is no implementor of #defaultTimeoutSeconds.
>
> And 2nd question, is it possible to define a certain task to do from my
> session instance if the session is unregistered because of duration? (e.g.
> write sth in a log file)
>
> (From the class comment also: WARegistry clearAllHandlers. does not exist
> any more)
>
> Regards
> Sabine

http://forum.world.st/How-to-define-the-duration-of-my-sessions-tp4930014p4930111.html
To start a new topic under Seaside General, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Seaside, click here.
NAML

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Petr Fischer
What do you want to do when session timeouted? Something on the server, or on the web client (eg. show login page with proper message immediately after timeout)?

pf

> Hi Johan,
>
> my 2nd question was how to do something when the session is terminated.
>
> I am wondering that when trying your suggestion with >>unregistered, it is
> called not when the session expires but more early.
>
> I found this:
> http://forum.world.st/Seaside-sessions-not-being-either-unregistered-or-GCed-td4835659.html#a4835753
>
> I will look closer tomorrow, but perhaps you can confirm that it is not >>
> unregistered
>
> Or do I understand it wrong?
>
> Regards
> Sabine

> > Hi Johan, hi Petr,
> >
> > thank you! I did not succeed today with Johans code and thought that I
> > will continue tomorrow.
> > With the hint of Petr (and Nicolai), it works now.
> >
> > I do something like:
> >
> > theApplication := WAAdmin register: RKALayoutView asApplicationAt:
> > theApplicationName.
> > theApplication cache: theApplication createCache
> >
> > Regards,
> > sabine

> > <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4930149&i=0>>:
> >
> >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41173162/how-to-configure
> >> -seaside-3-2-session-timeouts-age

> >> 120.

> >> been
> >> "

> >> (e.g.

> >> exist

> >> NAML
> >> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Sabine Manaa
Hi Petr,

I have already a solution for redirect to login page  and show message after session was timed out in the browser.

I want to log in a file on the server each login and logoff of the users. Login no problem, logoff with logoff button either.
But hose sessions which are not terminated by the user (not clicking on "logout") would not be logged so far.

For this reason I wanted to log them when their session was timed out (also if the user does not come back and finds its session dead, e.g. if the user simply closes the browser or shutdown the system).

As far as I understand now after reading this post

this is not done immediately after my defined timeout e.g.
anApplication configuration at: #maximumRelativeAge put: 3600.

and also not in >>unregistered

but only when the garbage collection finds this session or so....

So I don't have a solution for the "log-when-session-ended-without-logoff" yet.

Regards
Sabine

http://forum.world.st/How-to-define-the-duration-of-my-sessions-tp4930014p4930183.html
NAML

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

Petr Fischer
> Hi Petr,
>
> I have already a solution for redirect to login page  and show message
> after session was timed out in the browser.

How are you doing this in Seaside 3.2, please? (Again, there is a documentation on the net + blog posts, but everything is obsolete).

> [...]
> > macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&
> > base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.
> > web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.
> > NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%
> > 3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_
> > instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

> > <
> > .
> > NAML
> > <
http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: How to define the duration of my sessions

concerning the redirect to the login page:

I do in my main Layout View Class:

renderSessionExpiryLoadScriptOn: html
„this is called in renderContentOn:“
html document
addLoadScript:
(html jQuery document
onAjaxStart: (html jQuery class: self cssClassSpinner) show;
onAjaxStop: (html jQuery class: self cssClassSpinner) hide;
onAjaxError: (self ajaxErrorHandler asFunction: #('event' 'jqxhr' 'settings' 'exception')))

ajaxErrorHandler
^ ' if (jqxhr.status == 403) {
            alert(„German text which means you are logged out. Aus Sicherheitsgründen wurde Ihre Sitzung beendet. Bitte melden Sie sich neu an.");
            window.location.href = settings.url.split("?")[0].replace("help","");
        } else {
if (jqxhr.status == 200) { } else {
alert(„German Text which means sorry, error occured - continuing..Entschuldigung, es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte melden Sie sich neu an und versuchen es erneut oder geben Sie uns eine Info über den folgenden Fehler: " + exception +"jqxhr.status:"+jqxhr.status);
        }}'

I have this solution from the forum here. Yes, more/actual documentation would help a lot…

Regards
Sabine

http://forum.world.st/How-to-define-the-duration-of-my-sessions-tp4930014p4930203.html
To start a new topic under Seaside General, email ml-node+s1294792n86180h75@n4.nabble.com