How to deploy a Pharo 2.0 Desktop application?

How to deploy a Pharo 2.0 Desktop application?

Torsten Bergmann
Maybe my old description from Squeak times can help here a little bit:

  Win32 Custom Product Building  http://squeakvm.org/win32/custom.html

You may also be able to use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Hacker
on an existing VM executable I guess.

There is no service yet to build a custom VM.

Also have a look at ImageLocker-Core-tbn.1.mcz from  http://squeaksource.com/PharoGoodies/

Also look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3714631/adding-stuff-to-run-on-startup-of-pharo-image

Bye
T.

Re: How to deploy a Pharo 2.0 Desktop application?

Igor Stasenko
On 14 March 2013 10:09, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe my old description from Squeak times can help here a little bit:
>
>   Win32 Custom Product Building  http://squeakvm.org/win32/custom.html
>
> You may also be able to use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Hacker
> on an existing VM executable I guess.
>
> There is no service yet to build a custom VM.
>
> Also have a look at ImageLocker-Core-tbn.1.mcz from  http://squeaksource.com/PharoGoodies/
>
> Also look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3714631/adding-stuff-to-run-on-startup-of-pharo-image

I think in a future we should provide a solution to the topic, without
requiring the developer to
build own VM or install extra software and learn how to use it..

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: How to deploy a Pharo 2.0 Desktop application?

S Krish

VisualAge has one wizard that is quite old, but gives the user an ability to dump a folder with an myapp.exe launcher that can be zipped / converted into an installer easily. It goes through nearly all of the steps we talk of.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: How to deploy a Pharo 2.0 Desktop application?

Victor
It would certainly be nice to be able to easily package Mac, Windows and Linux compatible "native" looking apps built with Pharo. :)