How to disable Copy?

rush
Hello,

what would be easiest way to prevent clipboard copy operation on (multiline)
text box?

thanks in advance,

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/
http://www.folderscavenger.com/

Re: How to disable Copy?

Christopher J. Demers
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:d8caej$t60$[hidden email]...

> what would be easiest way to prevent clipboard copy operation on
> (multiline)
> text box?

This is from memory, so pardon any short comings.  I think the easiest way
might be to disable the text box.  The user can't select text, so they can't
copy any.  If you need to still be able to scroll it then that me be a
problem.  Another option might be to use a StaticText box in a scrolling
container instead of a text box.  Depending upon how critical it is that
even sophisticated users not be allowed to copy the text out of a control
you may want to consider painting the text on a canvas.  Otherwise,
knowledgeable users can probably still extract the text using low level
tools.

Chris

Re: How to disable Copy?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Rush,

> what would be easiest way to prevent clipboard copy operation on (multiline)
> text box?

Just a hunch: look for (IIRC) a "control notification message" that you
can override - to what I'm not sure (maybe call the default window
procedure, or just return the value that leads Dolphin to not call same??).

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.