How to enable/disable nextCard and/or previousCard

How to enable/disable nextCard and/or previousCard

Theo Pronk
Hi All,

I'm working on a wizard using the Wizard Card Container and would like
to control when #nextCard and #previousCard are enabled.

I've tried using #nextCardX as the command for the "next" button and
then sending #nextCard in my shell view "MyWizard" but this returns and
error  MyWizard does not understand #nextCard.

Do I have to subclass one of the wizard card containers (eg
AbstractCardContainer)?

I hope not. Is there an easy way to do this?

Regards,
Theo

Re: How to enable/disable nextCard and/or previousCard

Blair McGlashan
"Theo" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:bpn607$1odahk$[hidden email]...

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on a wizard using the Wizard Card Container and would like
> to control when #nextCard and #previousCard are enabled.
>
> I've tried using #nextCardX as the command for the "next" button and
> then sending #nextCard in my shell view "MyWizard" but this returns and
> error  MyWizard does not understand #nextCard.
>
> Do I have to subclass one of the wizard card containers (eg
> AbstractCardContainer)?
>
> I hope not. Is there an easy way to do this?

Yes, the AXComponentWizard does this. The Next button on the first card is
wired to the #libraryListNextCard command, the implementation of which you
can browse but it is simply:

    cards nextCard

Where the cards instance variable is a reference to the WizardCardContainer
view, the connection having been made in the #onViewOpened method.
#libraryListNextCard is enabled/disabled by the #queryCommand: method in the
normal way.

Regards

Blair