How to get Seaside to open a debug window

How to get Seaside to open a debug window

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Seasiders,

I'm building a web app with Seaside.  For now I am running it in the development environment and testing as I develop and make changes.  For a while, when an error was encountered, a debug window would open and I could easily find what was wrong.  Somewhere along the line, I reloaded everything in a clean image and now when there is a problem, a debug windows does not open but instead something like "Internal Error: UndefinedObject>>, " shows up in the browser.  How can I get my Seaside development environment back to opening a debug window on an error?  I've tried everything I can find on the web about Seaside but nothing seems to work.

Lou

Aw: How to get Seaside to open a debug window

jtuchel
HI Lou,

try:

(WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'MyApp')
exceptionHandler: WADebugExceptionHandler.

in the registration of your root component. You can also use the config pages of Seaside to change the error handler.

More info can also be found here: http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/vast-8-0-1-seaside-tips-registering-an-error-handler-in-your-application/

HTH,

Joachim

Re: Aw: How to get Seaside to open a debug window

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Joachim,

Thanks for the help.  It turns out you are close but not quite right.  The correct exceptionHandler is WAWalkbackErrorHandler.  I thought I tried WADebugExceptionHandler but tried it again anyway.  It didn't work.  It seemed like we were on the right track, so I looked around a bit and found WAWalkbackErrorHandler.

You shouldn't use it in the root which is where one would normally register an app but I have access to the registered app and can set the exceptionHandler to WAWalkbackErrorHandler from a workspace.

Lou

Re: Aw: How to get Seaside to open a debug window

Louis LaBrunda
It seems WADebugErrorHandler also works and is spelled closer to you suggestion of WADebugExceptionHandler.

Lou