How to get *.js from *.st in the terminal?

How to get *.js from *.st in the terminal?

Genosse

Hello!
Well ... files  *.st  easily merge with the git...
Files *.js  very difficult  merge with the git...

 Can I merge only the   *.st files  and then convert these   *.st files into *.js files?
What a any way to...

Re: How to get *.js from *.st in the terminal?

philippeback
You can ask for a compilation on the command line.

amberc Blah.st

and you get a nice Blah.js

Phil

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Александр Р <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!
Well ... files  *.st  easily merge with the git...
Files *.js  very difficult  merge with the git...

 Can I merge only the   *.st files  and then convert these   *.st files into *.js files?
What a any way to...

Re: How to get *.js from *.st in the terminal?

sebastianconcept
Hi Alex!

What I do for my flow projects is to put the *.js in .gitignore (I consider them transient stuff and I’d never even try to merge them)

Any time you need to generate the js files you can use `grunt` and it will gather all info in the configuration and compile and generate all the js for you (the.js and also all the src/*.js files)

There is no point in keeping versions of them as the declarative stuff of the app is in the .st

Actually, keeping versions of the compiled .js files is conflicting the Single Source of Truth Principle