How to guess the codepage of a file ...

GLASS mailing list

How can I guess the codepage of a file ... I know, that Gemstone has its own version of the ICU library and I know, that the ICU library has support for that - how should/can someone get access to these libraries ?

Re: How to guess the codepage of a file ...

GLASS mailing list
Marten,

Do you have an explicit function that you thinking about, like Character Set Detection[1] or are you thinking about something else?

To access libicu functions for which we have not created primitive calls, you should be able to use FFI to access arbitrary libicu functions ... If you go this route, be aware that starting in 3.2.14, we are compiling libicu libraries without embedding the library version in the function name ...

Dale

[1] http://userguide.icu-project.org/conversion/detection

On 05/12/2016 04:33 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass wrote:

How can I guess the codepage of a file ... I know, that Gemstone has its own version of the ICU library and I know, that the ICU library has support for that - how should/can someone get access to these libraries ?

Re: How to guess the codepage of a file ...

GLASS mailing list

Ok, I managed to get access to the OS installed versions and the Gemstone installed versions of ICU. The  first call is wrapped and I'm now looking for porting subparts of my VASmalltalk wrapper to Gemstone ...

-> is there an official way to get the installation path of the used Gemstone product (3.2.14)

Marten

Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> hat am 13. Mai 2016 um 20:24 geschrieben:

[...]

On 05/15/2016 09:57 AM, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

Ok, I managed to get access to the OS installed versions and the Gemstone installed versions of ICU. TheĀ  first call is wrapped and I'm now looking for porting subparts of my VASmalltalk wrapper to Gemstone ...

In 3.2.14, the GemStone libicu function names will differ from the icu function names in the OS libraries ... Newer versions of GemStone ship with newer versions of libicu, but for upgrading purposes you need to be able to to use the libicu libraries that the repository was created with and we build our libicu libraries without embedding the version in the function name ...

Also note that starting in 3.3.1 we are changing the names of the ilbicu libraries to reflect the libicu version of the library instead of the version of GemStone that they were built with ...

-> is there an official way to get the installation path of the used Gemstone product (3.2.14)

$GEMSTONE gives you the path to the product being used ...

Dale