How to install HTTPLoader?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Hallo,
Just 'played' with the Helpbrowser ...
One exampled used  the HTTPLoader, which is not available in my Pharo image ...
How should I proceed?
Greets
      Peter

Re: How to install HTTPLoader?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello

what are you trying to do?

Stef
On Sep 9, 2012, at 9:19 AM, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:

> Hallo,
> Just 'played' with the Helpbrowser ...
> One exampled used  the HTTPLoader, which is not available in my Pharo image ...
> How should I proceed?
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: How to install HTTPLoader?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Thanks for asking .. but I forgot where the 'error' = not found occurred
(Pharo newbie playing ...)
I think it was using the HelpBrowser and or one of the tutorials where
the HTTPLoader was used but not found at trying to activate the example.
Greetings
        Peter

2012/9/9 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
Hello

what are you trying to do?

Stef
On Sep 9, 2012, at 9:19 AM, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:

> Hallo,
> Just 'played' with the Helpbrowser ...
> One exampled used  the HTTPLoader, which is not available in my Pharo image ...
> How should I proceed?
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: How to install HTTPLoader?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Peter,

On 09 Sep 2012, at 20:29, Peter K.H. Gragert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for asking .. but I forgot where the 'error' = not found occurred
> (Pharo newbie playing ...)
> I think it was using the HelpBrowser and or one of the tutorials where
> the HTTPLoader was used but not found at trying to activate the example.

In Pharo (1.3 and up), there is a new HTTP library/framework replacing the older code.

In particular, ZnClient will do almost anything (much like curl).

Here are some pointers:

        http://zn.stfx.eu

        http://zn.stfx.eu/zn/zinc-http-components-paper.html

        http://zn.stfx.eu/zn/zn-talk-pharo-conference.pdf

HTH,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: How to install HTTPLoader?

Peter K.H. Gragert
ah, that is probably the problem the Pharo I use is 1.4 ... will see if I can find my
trial back and how to replace the HTTPLoader bij ZN-stuff ;-)
Thanks  Peter.