How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,

I am just starting to work with Pharo and Seaside to create a website that
accepts payments though stripe.  Smalltalk is supported as a third party
library according to https://stripe.com/docs/libraries#third-party

However I cannot get it to install.  Is the stripe library still supported?
If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

I am using Pharo 7.0 64bit on Ubuntu linux.

I followed the instructions to install the library as per
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/Stripe/

Gofer new
  url:  'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/Stripe/main';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfStripe';
load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfStripe) project stableVersion load:#('Tests'
'Seaside-Example').

Transcript log:

ConfigurationOfStripe>>initializeEnvironment (ZnZodiacNetworkingUtils is
Undeclared)

Fetched -> ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120 ---
http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents ---
http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents
Loaded -> ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120 ---
http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents ---
http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents
Fetched -> ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.10 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/
Loaded -> ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.10 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/
Fetched -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.337 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/
Loaded -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.337 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/

Debugger triggered:
Error:Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development

p.s. - I am a beginner at smalltalk, so thank you for your patience

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Paul DeBruicker
Oh sorry.  I haven't updated the load instructions in a while.  I'll edit
them there today.

Try this instead.

Metacello new
     baseline:'Stripe';
     repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/Stripe/main';
     load:#('Tests' 'Seaside-Example')

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote

> Hi,
>
> I am just starting to work with Pharo and Seaside to create a website that
> accepts payments though stripe.  Smalltalk is supported as a third party
> library according to https://stripe.com/docs/libraries#third-party
>
> However I cannot get it to install.  Is the stripe library still
> supported?
> If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
>
> I am using Pharo 7.0 64bit on Ubuntu linux.
>
> I followed the instructions to install the library as per
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/Stripe/
>

> Gofer new
>   url:  'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/Stripe/main';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfStripe';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfStripe) project stableVersion
> load:#('Tests'
> 'Seaside-Example').
>

> Transcript log:
>
> ConfigurationOfStripe>>initializeEnvironment (ZnZodiacNetworkingUtils is
> Undeclared)

> Fetched -> ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120 ---
> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents ---
> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents
> Loaded -> ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120 ---
> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents ---
> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents
> Fetched -> ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.10 ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/ ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/
> Loaded -> ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.10 ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/ ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient/main/
> Fetched -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.337 ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/ ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/
> Loaded -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.337 ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/ ---
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/
>

> Debugger triggered:
> Error:Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development
>

> p.s. - I am a beginner at smalltalk, so thank you for your patience

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.  I tried your new code and it went futher than last
time.  However the debugger shows up during cleanup and the entire image
hangs.  I've attached a screenshot.

I also retested this with a completely fresh image using pharolauncher with
the same results.

-James
<http://forum.world.st/file/t372299/stripe_install_on_Pharo_7.png>

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi JAmes,

OK I updated the baseline several more times and it now loads into Pharo

Metacello new
     baseline:'Stripe';
     repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/Stripe/main';
     load:#('Dev')

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the update.  I tried your new code and it went futher than last
> time.  However the debugger shows up during cleanup and the entire image
> hangs.  I've attached a screenshot.
>
> I also retested this with a completely fresh image using pharolauncher
> with
> the same results.
>
> -James
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t372299/stripe_install_on_Pharo_7.png&gt;

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
OK, did some more testing and here are the results.

Pharo 7
- Image hangs when loading Zinc HTTP Components.  I tried loading Zinc HTTP
Components separately through Metacello with the same results so I don't
think the problem is with your code.

Pharo 8
- Stripe Loads fine,
- 22/29 Stripe tests fail (On debug it says that StripeSystem class does not
understand #baseUrl message)
- Seaside not launched & can't right click Seaside Control Panel to start
server (Fixed by reloading Seaside3 from Metacello.)
- Stripe example apps (stripe & stripe-form) crash (Seaside Walkback  Error:
Instances of UndefinedObject are not indexable)

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 11 Oct 2019, at 13:45, jmathews via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Pharo 7
> - Image hangs when loading Zinc HTTP Components.  I tried loading Zinc HTTP
> Components separately through Metacello with the same results so I don't
> think the problem is with your code.

Yes, that is true and very problematic.

A new implementation of ZnBufferedReadWriteStream was added to Pharo 7, which gets again (partially) overwritten by Zinc HTTP Components, breaking code loading.

In Pharo 8 this was fixed by renaming these special (and now changed) class(es) to SourceFileBufferedReadWriteStream/SourceFileCharacterReadWriteStream so that they are moved out of Zinc HTTP Components and cannot be overwritten/broken.

Either the last 3 commits on the Pharo 7 branch must be reversed, or the fixes/renaming/usage of Pharo 8 must be back ported as well.

This is urgent.

Sven

Re: How to install stripe library on Pharo 7 64bit ?

Paul DeBruicker
Are you sure you're using a released version of Pharo 7?

Running the load script in a stable released version of Pharo 7 loads with
no errors for me.  I'm not in a position to be able to support un-released
or non-stable or outdated versions of Pharo (e.g. pharo 8).

To get a stable version of Pharo 7 run this from a command line on mac or
linux:

curl https://get.pharo.org/64/ | bash

The missing baseUrl is my fault.  I override it in my own code to make nginx
do the ssl termination for the https connections.  I've uploaded a corrected
version.

IT should be

StripeSystem>>#baseUrl
    ^'https://api.stripe.com/v1'

Also the API reference docs are here: https://stripe.com/docs/api

For any Stripe object I haven't created a class for the code should create
an instance of  a  StripeObject class

Hope this helps

Paul